Best all around tire???

bpb424

Reaction score
I got the Nitto Dura Grappler. I like them alot. They have been good in the dirt, and excellent in the snow. They seem to wear real good, my front tires still look brand new lol.

I'm looking at the dura grappler and the toyo AT as my next tire.

little luke

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Falken Rocky Mountain? I'm looking for 315/75/16 and the price for them is very tempting. They also have a 50k mile warranty.

I think I'm going to try the wild peaks in a lt305/65/r18 to replace my Bfg. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347972076.655957.jpgAt 212 a tire I'll give them a shot. Cant really afford to be spending 1300 on tires when I have something on the front end that need to be fixed as well, hoping an alignment will cure it.

Strokin69

Reaction score
Look at hankook rf ATM pro a/t I had them on my old 7.3 I loved them discount tire has them at good price, I have toyo m/t on my 08 their not to loud and they ride good

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Nitro s420 will be my next tire! Ill probably pick up stock rims with some kinda a/t for the winter but I'm tires of my ats and 10" wide rims picking up rocks and hitting my truck. If I pull down a rock driveway whenever I get on pavement if sounds like I'm getting peppered with bird shot

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

neverkickn

Reaction score
Look at hankook rf ATM pro a/t I had them on my old 7.3 I loved them discount tire has them at good price, I have toyo m/t on my 08 their not to loud and they ride good

So far I am pleased with these. Had them on for over a week now. They are quiet, they are great in the rain, and they get about as good of traction in mud as you arre gonna get with an at.

rc4wd

Reaction score
Me and my dad have both had good luck with 35 12.50 Dick Cepek FC2's, anywhere from 55-70k miles on them and 90% of those pulling a trailer. Another thing to remember when lookin a mileages on these tires a taller tire is going to get more miles than a shorter tire because of revolutions per mile. My dad is now runnin Toyo mt's and is ok with them but won't get quite the miles out of em and I'm now runnin a Mastercraft Courser mt and love them. They are more aggressive than the FC2's and I will get probably around 50k out of them.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Nitro s420 will be my next tire! Ill probably pick up stock rims with some kinda a/t for the winter but I'm tires of my ats and 10" wide rims picking up rocks and hitting my truck. If I pull down a rock driveway whenever I get on pavement if sounds like I'm getting peppered with bird shot

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Don't expect that to change with the 420S'. They're so soft that rocks literally stick to the tires.

kicker417

Reaction score
Toyo M/T they wear good but mud,snow they don't really like that stuff they should be consider an A/t

powerstroke_kid42

Reaction score
Toyo open country AT's!!!!!!
There a cross between an MT & a AT.
Last year i went through 4 sets of tiers and these tiers have been on for 5 months now and u can barley see wear.
"Toyo Open Country AT 325/60/18"
:thumbup::thumbup:

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Bridgestone Dueler a/t Revo II. These came on my truck when I bought, were brand new. I now have around 30k on them, still look almost new. They do pretty good in sand(loose sand requires 4wd), and haven't had a problem anywhere else so far.(haven't done much offroading though as I feel they are a tad too skinny for me). Not sure about the larger sizes, but these seem to be a pretty good tire for stockish sizes.(285/75/16)

AKHILF

Reaction score
I have toyo m/t's and im suprised people say they are good in snow/ice and mud. These are the worst tires ive ever had for snow/ice. Mud is not much better. They gum up pretty quick and dont clean out unless you really get the rpms up there. They do wear well and are good on the road and in sand though. I had the hankook dynapro at's on my obs. By far the best all around tire ive ever ran. They do better off road than most "m/t's" ive experienced. I will be going with them when these toyos' wear out.

You live in kodiak so you see close to the same snow we do up north a little, these toyo's did great all winter last year and will be running them again this winter I put anywhere from 40-150 miles a day on. I didnt have one problem, didnt get stuck once and I travel up to my cabin almost every weekend and the roads are really shtty up there.

Latest posts

Members online