Reaction score
696_zpsqt0jufnq.gif

pog

Reaction score
Should we start something in the AWOL section, rich haha

Jomax

Reaction score
So I just ordered OUO traction bars.

Being that we're all arguing on this thread if a fixed bar hurts the natural movement of the rear suspension or not.

I figured how can I go wrong with OUO? They designed a front mount to allow movement. NO other company that I know of has done that, Fabtech, pro comp, Etc. they all use fixed mounts.

OUO has the cleanest looking bars/mounts hands down.

Buying OUO, guarantees me that I won't have binding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Took my truck out to my ditch and tried to twist it so one wheel would come up. It didn't. Used to be when it was stock I could get 1 wheel up and it would teeter. Today, it's planted. ???

I drove in and out of this several times with the door partially open, no funky noises while twisting it.

It's got 35" on 22", Icon springs, King shocks, Airlift bags, PMF Traction Bars and a Titan 50Gal tank.
20160922_082017Large.jpg

20160922_082043Large.jpg

Riding in it, one isn't likely to forget it's a 1ton truck, but for a 1ton truck it rides pretty nice.
What is the reason of covering your license plate?Its seen by everyone when you drive it.Please let me know,Im being serious.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score

Being that we're all arguing on this thread if a fixed bar hurts the natural movement of the rear suspension or not.

I figured how can I go wrong with OUO? They designed a front mount to allow movement. NO other company that I know of has done that, Fabtech, pro comp, Etc. they all use fixed mounts.

If you like them that's all that matters. Too bad PMF customers can't get that same sentiment.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
What is the reason of covering your license plate?Its seen by everyone when you drive it.Please let me know,Im being serious.
1. scammer avoidance. There's 100s of scams criminals can pull, why help by putting my tag # up on the interwebs.
2. Same reason we can't say ******d, *******, ******** and stuff like that anymore.

If you like them that's all that matters. Too bad PMF customers can't get that same sentiment.
Not sure what you mean, I'm happy with my PMF.

Honestly, I don't give a rip. Seems like both companies make a good product and stand behind them. I did a fair bit of research on them and it was 3yrs of wanting before getting. Someone at OUO was really rude when I had some questions and it turned me off. Bad day? Who knows, but PMF got the nod in part because of this. That and being $$ less.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My comment was directed at post 166. Not sure why it didn't quote it...probably all the prescription drugs I'm eating this week.

Jomax

Reaction score

I like them, I've seen them/rode in plenty trucks. They look amazing and work.

PMF customers would never have the same sediment. They already own PMF so even if they would regret it, they'd never say. Kinda like a Chevy owner... this goes both ways though.

But I can't think of ANY reason someone would not be happy with their OUO bars.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I've ridden in trucks with both...I own PMF and I have zero regrets.
I'd bet money that in a blind comparison nobody could tell who's bars they were experiencing.
I'm in no way saying OUO is bad so all you OUO nut swingers calm down.

m_j

Reaction score
that bar is a fixed mount the same as all the rest. the orientation of the bushing means nothing, you are still relying on bushing deflection or spring deflection for motion.
to me they look like ford radius arm bushings, nothing special going on there at all.
no different then the other ones that use a spring shackle bushing.
I think the radius arm bushing looks even worse then the others, but its personal preference as to what you want binding your suspension

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I'm gonna bring up a sore subject involving OUO, I have CJC Suspension traction blocks on my OBS. The bars are very similar to the OUO bars. The front mount is very similiar to the OUO. On the rear mount, the mounting point is aft of the axle tube. The OUO is in front of the tube.

The front mount bushings on the CJC bars are Ford radius bushings. The bushings allow the axle to articulate. Using a shackle(s) up front don't allow the axle to articulate.

Got to remember something, these bars prevent the axle from rotating (keep the pinion angle) fixed aka: axle wrap up. Having a shackle up front, will allow the axle to rotate because the shackle will swing.

Billy T.
[email protected]

chaselee

Reaction score
Wow what a ****ing **** show this thread turned into!! I guess ive been gone a while and didn't see all this BS until now. So as the OP im absolutely no farther ahead in my decision after reading all these arguments than I was the day I started the thread. Hell maybe ill just build my own.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Wow what a ****ing **** show this thread turned into!! I guess ive been gone a while and didn't see all this BS until now. So as the OP im absolutely no farther ahead in my decision after reading all these arguments than I was the day I started the thread. Hell maybe ill just build my own.

I want to get real trump like with such a comment like that.

If you could... only if your capable... take what you've read and make an "educated" decision.

I'm thankful your not involved in engineering collaborative duscussions of any sort. You would shoot yourself.

This thread makes the difference in stupid kiddy forums such as ORG. and PSA. Yes you will read heated discussions but it's far better than the other options with kids shouting why they think what's best is best.

I'm sorry you were not able to learn from this thread as there has been an enormous amount of information given.

Coueshunter

Reaction score

Ask a very simple question that has yet to be addressed. How is it EVERY desert built ford has found that the limiting factor in suspension is the radius mount style bushing and they ditch it! But they are somehow the end all be all here lmfao..

Now the theory is the bushing squishes which miraculously allows travel.. you know, bind the bushing to not bind the spring (ya, just saying it sounds stupid)

However, a simple question could be answered if this is true.. how thick are the bushings at rest, at preload and what is the deflection of the traction bar at ride height and full compression.

Simple questions to answer if after all, they are working as advertised

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.