Best bang for the buck traction bars?

chaselee

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it. Id like to hear opinions on them. My truck kinda has this bounce feel to it when it shifts. I feel like they will probly help or eliminate it. Not completely opposed to weld in brackets, but would prefer bolt in. Thx.

Last edited:

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
PMF (Trevor - NotStock on here) makes great stuff. I'm getting ready to put a set of his bars on my truck soon. Let me know if you want some pricing.

anth

Reaction score
One up off road, Get ahold of Jared at Midwest Diesel. I've had two sets of them, both bolt on brackets.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Just did the PMF a couple months ago.

Better to call and order, then things won't get screwed up. Get the Titan tank brackets right off the bat, they aren't on the website anyway, call.

Install went smoothly, drilling holes in the frame is a biotch, but is what it is. Gotta move the tank out of the way so you don't pierce it or clip the mass of wires nestled in the frame behind the tank.

Difference is quite impressive. I was expecting a difference when towing, but not as much as it did. Really tightened the rear end up.

NotStock

Reaction score
I have 6" lift with u bolts nuts on top.

With that configuration, I would recommend a block mounted kit then. If your happy with the existing height, you would measure the height of the block or if you have stacked blocks, the combined height and order that size. If you wanted to lift or lower the truck a little, we make the blocks in tons of sizes to fit your needs.

chaselee

Reaction score
With that configuration, I would recommend a block mounted kit then. If your happy with the existing height, you would measure the height of the block or if you have stacked blocks, the combined height and order that size. If you wanted to lift or lower the truck a little, we make the blocks in tons of sizes to fit your needs.

I have a 8" one piece block. What does that setup run?

NotStock

Reaction score
Pricing varies depending on options. I posted a link earlier if you wanted to play around with various configurations but a base price for a block mounted kit, bare steel finish, is $705.

chaselee

Reaction score
Good lawd!! I've got to finish my AR builds first before we get a new president. Lol

JRLott

Reaction score
LOL. It's a bit of a race as to which will get you on the wrong side of the .g o v JBTs first. I'd say the ARs are more likely to get your cat stomped.

chaselee

Reaction score
LOL. It's a bit of a race as to which will get you on the wrong side of the .g o v JBTs first. I'd say the ARs are more likely to get your cat stomped.

That precisely my friend is why you have to know how to build them.

jwalk09

Reaction score
So when drilling into the frame for the pmf bars the tank needs to be removed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I have the OUO bars with traction block. I got the 3/4" u bolts that are too mounted. The blocks have it where you can put your airbags on them too.

Drilling through frame isn't bad. On one side I used several size drill bits to get to correct size vs drilling one big ass hole. In the other side my buddy brought over an annular bit and that worked well.

These are the ones I have(didn't order from these guys)

http://www.trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3004

JRLott

Reaction score
That precisely my friend is why you have to know how to build them.

I know. None of mine are currently a cat stomping offense. That could change with the stroke of a pen...or a no knock raid at the wrong address.

Last edited:

chaselee

Reaction score
you guys that are running these traction bars. Have you noticed any difference in your ride? Ive heard that they make the truck ride rough.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
You heard wrong....you were probably speaking with the nay sayers.

You put a set of traction bars on your truck, you won't want to be in a truck without them. Traction bars should come stock from the factory.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
you guys that are running these traction bars. Have you noticed any difference in your ride? Ive heard that they make the truck ride rough.

Depends on whose product you buy. My customers (OUO) keep coming back and telling me how much more refined and confident their trucks feel going down the road, but that ride quality is the same or better.

Latest posts

Members online