Best hids or LEDS headlights

1sicpsd

Reaction score
So I have had both hids and led headlights in my 6.4. Both of them have taken a **** on me. Just wondering what brand everyone is using. Also what ones work best with daytime running lights.

Jgon08

Reaction score
So I have had both hids and led headlights in my 6.4. Both of them have taken a **** on me. Just wondering what brand everyone is using. Also what ones work best with daytime running lights.

I've used retro solutions hid's a lot, and have had really good luck. But there are others that have not. I've heard a lot of good about led lights but haven't tried them.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Ive been using the Opt7 brand off amazon or ebay. Nothing but good luck in 6 vehicles so far.

taterthedog

Reaction score
I've got daytime running lights. I had retro-solutions HIDs. In the cold one side used to quit on me. Retro was more than willing to help me troubleshoot, but I didn't really like the light pattern and high beams sucked so I pulled them out. Right now I have LEDs from Josh@the Diesel Cartel and the low beams are awesome. No problems in the cold so far. High beam doesn't really change the pattern and is ineffective as a high beam. Not sure what I am going to do yet as I love the low beams so much. But I do a lot of nighttime driving so I need something for high beams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1sicpsd

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting his leds. My front window is tinted so either way it sucks for me at night. Did u get the 55w ones

taterthedog

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting his leds. My front window is tinted so either way it sucks for me at night. Did u get the 55w ones

The HIDs I had were 55watts. Don't know what the LEDs are.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Josh's are from oracle lighting and have not failed me so far in 3 months with probably 6.000 miles on them 9007 in an 02 the highs don't appear bright but my opinion is that is caused by the las being just plain bright... Stock vs led

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 122

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I never had any luck with HID's in any vehicle with a reflector housing.
I ended up using 80/100 Watt bulbs with a relay harness. Much better light pattern than the HID's had. Might try that.

taterthedog

Reaction score
I never had any luck with HID's in any vehicle with a reflector housing.
I ended up using 80/100 Watt bulbs with a relay harness. Much better light pattern than the HID's had. Might try that.

Any link on where to get a 80/100 bulb for an 08?

Poglife

Reaction score
Big time customs has some for sale I like mine so far just have them in the fogs right now. Super bright led.com has some nice switchbacks mirror lights stuff like that

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I got some from BTK as well, have them in one of our rollbacks right now and im getting ready to order them for all of our other trucks. They are really that good, was very impressed. And you cant beat them for the price.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Big time customs has some for sale I like mine so far just have them in the fogs right now. Super bright led.com has some nice switchbacks mirror lights stuff like that

I got some from BTK as well, have them in one of our rollbacks right now and im getting ready to order them for all of our other trucks. They are really that good, was very impressed. And you cant beat them for the price.

Thanks guys we appreciate it.

will be happy to get pricing for anyone, we are running a special on them right now. we do have a thread open on them. But if you need pricing shoot me or Tom a PM.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Any link on where to get a 80/100 bulb for an 08?

I got mine from amazon. Just search for 100Watt H13. I have 80 Watt in the fogs also. Just make sure you run relays. If not you will burn the wiring up. Also make sure you clean the bulbs with either brake cleaner or rubbing alcohol. If not the oils from you skin will make them explode.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I did a projector retrofit, totally worth it. The lighting is much better than stock and it looks better too.

Latest posts

Members online