Best lift kit?

rebelpride1860

Reaction score
I have a 2000 f350 and I'm wanting to do a 6" lift. The truck is my daily driver so I want something decent that will hold when towing and rides good. Don't really want to spend more than $2500 saying that I will still need to buy tires and wheels to match it. Any suggestions? I have heard of BDS and Rough Country but wanted to see what people thought about them.

IdahoF350

Reaction score
Food for thought, I did my '05 axle swap and 6" fabtech lift for well under $2000 by hunting for deals on used stuff. I still have to buy and install the PMF 3.5" shackle flip in the rear and add the higher capacity '05 rear leafs, get a new driveshaft made, and rebuild the brakes on the '05 rear axle, and even with all of that I'll still be under $2500.

If you're staying leaf, BDS is pretty hard to beat for quality and their warranty is stellar. A lot of people don't know that Zone Off-road is a BDS offshoot and it's basically the same quality components without the fancy shocks and the warranty to keep the prices down. And I wouldn't overlook Fabtech. We had a 4" kit on my buddy's '03 V10 CCSB and it rode great, even towed great because it kept the stock rear leafs.

Most of the complaints about ride quality on lift kits comes from torquing things like the spring eye and shackle bolts and the track bar with the weight off the tires. It binds all the bushings up and won't let things move the way they are supposed to. Same thing happens with lowered cars. To that end, get the most quality your budget allows, then take the extra steps to make sure it's installed right. That's the difference between some guys complaining about their lift and others with the same lift being really happy with it.

emev0l

Reaction score
BDS if you want a nice riding lift for light off roading with a killer warranty.

Carli if you want the very best retail kit and you wanna get wild.

You can piece kits together, but those 2 are the best out of the box setups to look at.

Rob D

Reaction score
I thought Carli was only in the business of coils...not sure why people are saying Carli unless you expect OP to swap out the entire front end first?

Layson

Reaction score
I think Carli has a leaf kit for a excursion. Kind of surprising that they don't have one for the superduty. But you start getting to where why spend that much when you could swap out the leafs for coils and get a better kit and have a tighter turning radius as well :)

Latest posts

Members online