Best non vgt tunning

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Innovative Diesel is the best I've ran with my setup. Eric has tuned so many of these setups his tunes are just spot on for the non vgt setups

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ill give you an answer as straight and honest as its going to get. I have both Erics and Matts tunes loaded on my sct. Matts race file, its a 2.0ms tune, and erics extreme x, havent checked max pulse width on this file yet. But both files hold 3800 psi ICP, enough to keep the stock pump healthy and still make power. This will be taken care of shortly to maintain 2.2ms and 4k psi icp. But besides the point...

With my stock ARZ2AH10 inductive heating ficm calibration, Matts tune was far stronger in the 0-75% throttle position, but hazed a little more from 20-50% throttle. The strength of the file is worth it daily driving in the hilly terrain I currently live in, because it didnt haze all that much more and the power was more important. However erics tune definitely spooled the charger faster but the lack of fueling was limiting the balls it had.

However with Erics FICM tuning both files came to life considerably. FICM tuning with larger injectors and custom setups is honestly just as important as the ecm tuning. I still prefer Matts tuning just because of my driving habits and the roads I daily drive on. I still love erics tuning and after getting the shifting figured out its great, and spools the charger fastest in my opinion, but it isnt everything. Both make similar power, so its really up to driving habit and personal preference.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Ill give you an answer as straight and honest as its going to get. I have both Erics and Matts tunes loaded on my sct. Matts race file, its a 2.0ms tune, and erics extreme x, havent checked max pulse width on this file yet. But both files hold 3800 psi ICP, enough to keep the stock pump healthy and still make power. This will be taken care of shortly to maintain 2.2ms and 4k psi icp. But besides the point...

With my stock ARZ2AH10 inductive heating ficm calibration, Matts tune was far stronger in the 0-75% throttle position, but hazed a little more from 20-50% throttle. The strength of the file is worth it daily driving in the hilly terrain I currently live in, because it didnt haze all that much more and the power was more important. However erics tune definitely spooled the charger faster but the lack of fueling was limiting the balls it had.

However with Erics FICM tuning both files came to life considerably. FICM tuning with larger injectors and custom setups is honestly just as important as the ecm tuning. I still prefer Matts tuning just because of my driving habits and the roads I daily drive on. I still love erics tuning and after getting the shifting figured out its great, and spools the charger fastest in my opinion, but it isnt everything. Both make similar power, so its really up to driving habit and personal preference.

I still have a tune from Matt I should really try but honestly don't want to because I LOVE my tunes from Eric. Especially after we messed with it on his dyno last weekend. It's amazing how well his FICM tune works with his tunes. 300/150's holds decent icp for now until the dual pumps go on and it's amazing how smoke free he has made it for just cruising around.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Each truck will act differently with different tuners. One truck will run great with Eric's tunes but not as good with Matt's...or vise versa. There really is no one best tuner for the non vgt turbos. Just might hafta try a couple different tuners out and see which one works best with the truck.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Each truck will act differently with different tuners. One truck will run great with Eric's tunes but not as good with Matt's...or vise versa. There really is no one best tuner for the non vgt turbos. Just might hafta try a couple different tuners out and see which one works best with the truck.

True. Also might have to have your tuner tweak things for you as the first tune you get might not always be perfect for the specific truck.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i ran all Erics stuff for my different VGT setups and loved them. When I went non vgt (compounds) for some reason we couldn't get them dialed in like I hoped so I tried Matt out. His street tuning is spot on and really woke these chargers up. I'll be making a trip a few hours south eventually to get some dyno tuning done with Matt but until then, his email stuff still rips in this truck.

long story short....they're both great.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
thank you guys for all the info ive been running matt srl extreme for a while and love it now that you say hes good with non vgts im gonna have to go with him. just in case he to busy can i drive in like srl or extreme race made for vgt for like a day max

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
I talked to him a couple weeks ago and chris emailed me a couple tunes. Chris told me they were getting behind and could not get tunes out in a timely manner so he quit emailed tunes for a while.

Skinny

Reaction score
Chris B at truck source is my favourite tuner the guy is awesome his customer service is top notch I like how I can talk to him over the phone rather then via email even though I do that a lot of the time due time zone differences the power comes on smooth and the shifts are flawless. Next week I will be switching to my gearhead tunes to try them out.

Sent from my iPone sitting on the crapper

Latest posts

Members online