Best Non vgt turbo for 285/150 hybrids?

JGman141

Reaction score
How do you like the 430/150 hybrids?

430/150s are way to big to get cleaned by my charger on full fuel, have them tuned down to push around 300cc of fuel now. 285s are a good match with the s475 and should clean up well

Extended Power

Reaction score
430/150s are way to big to get cleaned by my charger on full fuel, have them tuned down to push around 300cc of fuel now. 285s are a good match with the s475 and should clean up well

Your sig says you have 430/150's....how do you like them?

matt92idi

Reaction score
A billet 72 gets my vote with a wastegate and spray and a reduced fuel tune for a street set up. Either way I'd get those nozzles replaced with some 100%. I would also use a smaller exhaust housing as well to keep spool up. Might run that set up as a single for a little on my truck

Last edited:

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
No real experience with a little 467 from what I here they seem to work my 475 really isn't bad to drive I drove it over an hour to the strip with no problem ran a 12.0 on fuel it's Def got 110 in it

swinky

Reaction score
A billet 72 gets my vote with a wastegate and spray and a reduced fuel tune for a street set up. Either way I'd get those nozzles replaced with some 100%. I would also use a smaller exhaust housing as well to keep spool up. Might run that set up as a single for a little on my truck
Agreed besides the billet part. Waste of money

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

matt92idi

Reaction score
I'm not too sure about that. Comparing my billet 62 to a cast 62 in a 6.4 there was no question I had the faster spooling turbo

swinky

Reaction score
Tuning...... kind of irrelevant. Mine spools about 200 rpm quicker with the cast 6 blade. Hell randall said my 66 with ******** drove better than your 62 on tsd.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Saying all billet wheels are ineffective is a broad incorrect statement. There are lots of knockoff billet wheels that either do nothing or hinder performance. But if someone knows how to design a wheel you can get more aggressive with blade profiles on a billet wheel compared to cast.

With that being said I don't know for sure if someone makes a billet s400 wheel that has proven a performance increase. It may exist, I'm not privy to it.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The reason billet wheels get a bad wrap is because sometimes companies will just copy a cast wheel design and make it out of billet, that doesn't do anything to help performance and sometimes it just hurts it because the wheel can end up being heavier.

On the flip side when Borg Warner came out with their sx-e line of turbos, they redesigned the wheel using billet instead of cast and made a billet wheel that makes a significant increase over the cast wheel.

Latest posts

Members online