Best nozzle size for the street?

smokedout250

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently running some 205/150s. As you can imagine the are dirty for the street and tend to haze a lot. I'm looking to drop the nozzle size down to make it a better all around setup. What are your recommendations for a dd application? Also the truck is running non Vgt as well. Some input would be great thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william_ace

Reaction score
a 205/75 should run pretty clean on the street with a good tune. I'm also curious how 205's would act with a 30% nozzle??

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
75 or 100

Both can make good power and both can run smokeless.

We daily drive one with 175/100 and an s362, built trans, fuel system ect... It is 100% smoke free while passing cars, accelerating under 3/4 throttle, and towing. The only time it becomes a bit dirty is under heavy throttle, and even then it cleans up pretty nicely after the initial cloud.

Perfect starts in all temps, no hazing ever, very smooth

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
100% nozzle works well for me, not much difference in smoke control going down to a 75% nozzle to be honest.

smokedout250

Reaction score
The 150s weren't my choice just ended up getting them in a deal. So I guess I need to find a place that sells the nozzle and do the swap! 100s will work out I guess, gathering the info you guys have provided I'll look at 100s. Hope to get them on before the start of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
a 205/75 should run pretty clean on the street with a good tune. I'm also curious how 205's would act with a 30% nozzle??

There's really no reason to go to such a small nozzle size.

Kind of counter productive to run a 205cc injector than limit flow with a 30% nozzle.

If you want to choke it that much you should just buy a 155 or 175cc injector.

OP a 75-100% is a good nozzle, keep the flow of the injector and you can control the smoke with a good tuner.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Damn everyone has nozzles, should have clarified. Nozzles we carry.
But everyone here is a good option :ford:

peixinho

Reaction score
There's really no reason to go to such a small nozzle size.

Kind of counter productive to run a 205cc injector than limit flow with a 30% nozzle.

If you want to choke it that much you should just buy a 155 or 175cc injector.

OP a 75-100% is a good nozzle, keep the flow of the injector and you can control the smoke with a good tuner.

Not to pick on you... but this is something I have been thinking about a lot. Has anyone taken one set of injectors and added each nozzle size to see how it affects them.

Who is to say that 30% nozzles are not enough to empty the 205cc injector. I am not saying that you are wrong but where does all this info come from??? 1 year ago many said that a 175/stock injector you do nothing over a stock injector because the nozzles were not bigger. I personally made 533hp with just 68mm KC turbo, 175/stock, IDP tune, and exhaust. No other mods. It kept the gets really low and hardly smoked... but it hauled azz

I am just saying that I think the way of throwing 100 nozzles on 175cc injectors has past. I think we are learning more and more that we don't need giant injectors with giant nozzles to make descent power.

Now another thought is what does 30 50 75 and 100 means? Is it 30% bigger or flow 30% more???

Math is hard to do because we don't know how much bigger the nozzle needs to be. Does it need to be 30% bigger or flow 30% more for and injector that is 30% bigger?

Let theorize that stock nozzles on stock injectors have the perfect ratio

135/stock = perfect ratio

135 divided by 175 = 77% that means that 135s are 77 percent the size of of 175s or in other words 175s are 23% bigger than stock injectors.

So if it was a simple as saying that you need the nozzles to flow the exact amount more that the injector body is then the perfect ratio for 175s would be 23...

but we also need to take into account that we are not 100% sure that the 135/stock is the perfect ratio. Also we cannot assume that 30% nozzles actually flow 30% more fuel

With all that said... I still like the idea of a smaller nozzle on a bigger injector. Isnt adrian running like 225/75 and his giant stage 4 and 760+ hp setup still leaves a lot of fuel on the table. That means in my mind that 75 nozzles can handle a bigger body like 225s.

I can also tell you that with my current setup I am able to clean my injectors up to just about nothing. You cant even see the smoke out the rear view mirror with my 175/75... same nozzles size as adrian with 225/75 and he is making more power and left a lot of fuel on the table. At the end of the dyno video where he made over 760hp on 215/75 it was still smoking like crazy. meaning that 75 nozzles on a 175 injector might be just a little too big. Also it means that a 75 nozzle is able to dump a ton more fuel on a 225 than a 175... but is it dumping everything???

with all that blabbering... my math comes up with these as being good

175/23
190/29
205/35
215/50

205/30 could actually be a very good combo. How can you say it does not work if no one has tried it?

Last edited:

windrunner408

Reaction score
Without flow benching, each mfg's nozzle size is about useless. "100%" over stock nozzles will really only dump about 50-60% more fuel over a stock nozzle at a given ICP and unlimited fuel for the PW being used. So this will kind of skew your math some but I get your point.

peixinho

Reaction score
Well nate.... useless is a litte harsh

I think my next experiment will be to get some 225/30 and dyno them with my current setup. See if they make any more or less power than my 175/75s. If they make more power then we know that 175s dont need anything bigger than 30s to dump all the fuel. Right???!!!???

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.