Best stock 6.0 injectors for the $

ghohouston

Reaction score
I've got a Co worker with a 2006 King Ranch, and it needs injectors. I told him I'd do some research, to see what the best QUALITY injectors he can buy are. As far as I know, ford only sells reman injectors now, but I'm not positive. He isn't opposed to aftermarket such as warren, casserly, p.i.s., etc. I just don't want to let him down after he drops his hard earned money into his truck, and then have issues shortly down the road.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yes, have not had any back yet. I was told about them after having a conversation with a shop owner in PA over the frustration of a certain brand injector that has had a big part in ruining a lot of business for us. He told me he had been using these and had great luck. This was over 3 years ago.

If I bought a 6.0 tomorrow I would have these in it...

78f100

Reaction score
Several guys on here can rebuild his for him, I have had good luck with Holders and Warren haven't tired any others. I bought a set of 7.3 injectors from a big time rebuilder last year that were junk, they warrantied the 3 that went bad with 3 more that were junk. Warranty and customer service are nice but it still sucks replacing them for free. Go with a vendor from here and you should be good to go.

Gary

Reaction score
The BEST quality injectors are Motorcraft. I have a Hickok G2 tester (check it out on youtube) and have been using it for years to test these trucks for years, the tester don't lie! The 6.0 engine runs sooooo nice when it doesn't have a stiction issue. A new Motorcraft will have 245-255ms delay, even at -10*F, I know, I've tested them. At 350ms delay Hickok says they fail, when the injector is >300ms delay the engine will run "acceptable" to most people. When you start a 6.0 cold is when you see the most stiction, then it goes down from there. I tested a truck with a brand new set of "popular" brand rebuilt injectors, that the company rep said were "the exact same as Motorcraft", 7 out of 8 failed with more than 350ms delay on the spools. They paid the labor on that claim and refunded to money.
There isn't a scanner that I know of that can diagnose stiction, and a cylinder balance test is useless for stiction.
After using this tester for years and testing many trucks, and trucks for other shops, I will NEVER put ANYTHING OTHER THAN A MOTORCRAFT injector in a 6.0 engine period. I hate to do something twice.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Stock injectors we use motorcraft only. To many headaches to justify the cost elsewhere. Plus warranty for 2 years is nice.

We have a few sets on special right now

225/each no core.

sootie

Reaction score
The BEST quality injectors are Motorcraft. I have a Hickok G2 tester (check it out on youtube) and have been using it for years to test these trucks for years, the tester don't lie! The 6.0 engine runs sooooo nice when it doesn't have a stiction issue. A new Motorcraft will have 245-255ms delay, even at -10*F, I know, I've tested them. At 350ms delay Hickok says they fail, when the injector is >300ms delay the engine will run "acceptable" to most people. When you start a 6.0 cold is when you see the most stiction, then it goes down from there. I tested a truck with a brand new set of "popular" brand rebuilt injectors, that the company rep said were "the exact same as Motorcraft", 7 out of 8 failed with more than 350ms delay on the spools. They paid the labor on that claim and refunded to money.
There isn't a scanner that I know of that can diagnose stiction, and a cylinder balance test is useless for stiction.
After using this tester for years and testing many trucks, and trucks for other shops, I will NEVER put ANYTHING OTHER THAN A MOTORCRAFT injector in a 6.0 engine period. I hate to do something twice.

Whose injectors were they that failed.

Gary

Reaction score

I don't want to post the name in public, but I'll say this, I have not found any aftermarket 6.0 injectors that last even after they work from the start. Then on the other hand after using 100's and 100's of Motorcraft injectors I had 1 fail and it had 10k miles on it.
So to me the math is pretty easy. The dealer I deal with sells them to me for $198ea, so where is there any saving going with an aftermarket.

swinky

Reaction score
I don't want to post the name in public, but I'll say this, I have not found any aftermarket 6.0 injectors that last even after they work from the start. Then on the other hand after using 100's and 100's of Motorcraft injectors I had 1 fail and it had 10k miles on it.
So to me the math is pretty easy. The dealer I deal with sells them to me for $198ea, so where is there any saving going with an aftermarket.
With core?

Gary

Reaction score
You can probably guess.

I don't believe there is a aftermarket injector that can compare to a Motorcraft,
After using the Hickok G2 tester for probably 5 years now I call aftermarket injectors junk.
Anybody that works on 6.0 really needs that tester, you can get to the bottom of a injector issue in minutes, with 100% accuracy. I'm not affiliated with Hickok at all, I just work on plenty of these trucks.

sootie

Reaction score
I don't believe there is a aftermarket injector that can compare to a Motorcraft,
After using the Hickok G2 tester for probably 5 years now I call aftermarket injectors junk.
Anybody that works on 6.0 really needs that tester, you can get to the bottom of a injector issue in minutes, with 100% accuracy. I'm not affiliated with Hickok at all, I just work on plenty of these trucks.

have you ever tried or tested pure power? i believe they make the motorcraft injectors

Vader's Fury

Reaction score

You can probably guess.

I hate when no one wants to name who has these "junk" injectors.

It makes me think that the person making the post is FOS and just wants to be able to comment. It also does not help the guys that research threads like these trying to make an informed decision when it comes time for them to buy injectors.

All I can get from this is that there is an injector builder out there that builds junk injectors, but I don't know who it is, so there is a chance that I will have to go through the same bullsh*t as you guys since I didn't know that (fill in the blank) was the builder that everyone was talking about that built junk injectors.

I don't mean to point fingers directly at you guys, but this same situation pops up on here time and time again.

Sorry for the derail op.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I hate when no one wants to name who has these "junk" injectors.

I assumed everybody was talking about Alliant Power since tons of shops use them (until they get tired of dealing with junk)

their 7.3 injectors are ok. they're still not perfectly smooth/balanced, but they seem to run alright for a good while.

too many issues with their 6.0 injectors, and the local ford houses have good pricing on the 6.0's. No need to look elsewhere to save $100-200 on a set for me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.