Best trans kit to use.

stroke6.0

Reaction score
Just curious for the DIY guys on here that may have built your own trans. Iv built many different transmissions including allisons, dodges, th350s and 400s. Thinking of building the trans in mine. Its not hurt but at my power level, getting close to probably needing one. So whos kit is recommended? im a dealer for suncoast for all the Allison stuff I do. I talked to craig at MPD he said buying a standard tcs kit would be fine also. So what are you guys doing? Already have a converter on the way just need to decide what internals....I currently run an 07 trans in my 04. Any help is appreciated.

stroke6.0

Reaction score
I can get them for about $650 plus shipping through my distributer. What all billet internals should I need to go with? Ill only ever do a non vgt 66 on it with my current injectors, so I know ill need a billet input, not sure what else.

Would def go with the raybestos stuff...What kinda power are these clutches good for realistically?

Last edited:

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I used the suncoast kit to build mine the first time. Replaced the direct clutch pack with the suncoast 5 clutch and steel kit once after that. Then twice with the alto power pack 6 clutch and steel kit. Rebestos is supposed to be better clutches than the altos. I haven't broke any hard parts yet with either the 68vgt or 66nonvgt setups. Also I've found the looser the direct drive is built the longer it lasts. I'm not an expert but I've been down this road a few times. Fmcdealer and the wbt course have helped me a lot. Wish you luck. :toast:

Latest posts

Members online