Best trans

DC87

Reaction score
I've have talked to Jared a few times and am looking to do a trans here pretty soon. More than likely going with Midwest and was hoping some guys could chip in with some reviews and maybe also hear about some other options! Will plan to do traction bars at the same time. Thanks in advance

Truck
2013 4dr
90k miles
H&S Kit S366sxe
No limit intake
No limit inter cooler
Mishimoto radiator
Stock fuel
Leveled
Heavy stuff gone
Midwest tuning(getting ready to try my H&S tunes from Dallas)

Looking to buy my first camper to pull so hoping trans will still be smooth with the proper tuning.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
My truck has Morgan's early prototype comp trans which isn't even as good as the comp transmissions he is building now and after many 1000+ hp dyno pulls and many low 11 and some 10 second passes it is still holding strong.

DC87

Reaction score
My truck has Morgan's early prototype comp trans which isn't even as good as the comp transmissions he is building now and after many 1000+ hp dyno pulls and many low 11 and some 10 second passes it is still holding strong.

Thanks for the response. As far as regular street driving does it shift pretty smooth?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The comp trans will probably shift pretty snappy especially the early one he has. Im know they have 2 different rebuilds more of a beefed up stock and the comp trans. Your probably not pushing enough power to hurt the lower of the two that they build.

DC87

Reaction score
The comp trans will probably shift pretty snappy especially the early one he has. Im know they have 2 different rebuilds more of a beefed up stock and the comp trans. Your probably not pushing enough power to hurt the lower of the two that they build.

When I talked to Jared about possibly doing dual fuelers in the future and he size it would be really pushing the limits of the lower trans! I don't mind snappy I just hated my 5r that was built while I know this is a completely different world just wanted to be sure! Thanks for the input!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Adaptive learning has everything to do with how the trans shifts. If I drive the truck to work for a week it shifts very smooth... After I leave the track it'll bark the tires 1-4

DC87

Reaction score
Ok I pretty much baby mine 90% of the time very rarely get to wot from any point. Have tried resetting the tunes. Just has a flare from 2nd to 3rd and a harsh down shift from 5-4 and sometimes won't grab reverse so I'll have to go to n back to r. All issues are not constant. So essentially it should shift great for how I drive the truck.

bpan

Reaction score
What tunes are you running? You should probably be able to get that tuned out.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Not being able to get into reverse does not sound like a tuning issue lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DC87

Reaction score
Midwests tunes

And I talked to Austin he said tuning change might be able to band aid the trans for a little bit but sounds like a valve body issue potentially.

bpan

Reaction score
Not being able to get into reverse does not sound like a tuning issue lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have the same exact problem, no I could not get rid of the reverse problem, but the shifting problem was able to be cleaned up. Clean up the 2-3 shifting and live with the reverse problem is what I would do if it was me. (and it is me)

Codydiesel

Reaction score
The reverse problem I have noticed goes with the trans health, the more frequent it won't go into reverse the worse the trans is. My trans would do it once in a while then it did it a few times a month, now every time you get on it hard it will not go into reverse the first time. The vb was replaced half way through this ordeal. Now I have a squeal going from 4-5 above 75% throttle and heavy clutch material on the magnet again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.