Best tuner on market?

TyCorr

Reaction score
But you're an idiot!!!:morons:
Not all of us are like that!!! :poke: j/k, bro.

No. That joke was pertinent to before you were around...in 2010 I trashed three laptops. Acted up.....hammer. Acted up....torch. Last one acted up and I stuck a spudwrench through it...

dsberman94

Reaction score
Now just imagine him when the über expensive phone he's got acts up and won't load the tunes right or he can't figure it out.

Posted while doing something dumb.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Now just imagine him when the über expensive phone he's got acts up and won't load the tunes right or he can't figure it out.

Yea, I bet I wouldn't be able to figure it out. I was a software designer/tester at an engineering firm that funded Thomas Edison before I went blue collar again.

Good point though!

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea, I bet I wouldn't be able to figure it out. I was a software designer/tester at an engineering firm that funded Thomas Edison before I went blue collar again.

Good point though!

It could act up just like the laptops did. Not being able to figure it out was just a possible scenario.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It could act up just like the laptops did. Not being able to figure it out was just a possible scenario.

I doubt it. A touchscreen palm device and a monitor with keyboard input dont have the same issues. Aside from freezing up, samsung android devices are theeeeee best.

Anyway, back to pwning them fb diesel failzrs... :doh:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Anyway, back to pwning them fb diesel failzrs... :doh:

Ummm... Someone just asked how to "turn up the turbo" on a 7.3.

My recommendation is kill yourself so the truck gets sold to someone who hopefully knows how to form a proper sentence about modifying a truck.

But I didn't tell that guy yet.

m j

Reaction score
It takes the place of installing cables to load tunes with your windows tablet or quite possibly your windows phone

windows phone??? I have heard of them but have yet to see anyone actually buy one.
sorry but this is not a selling feature to me

I think to be a hit you would have to go iPhone and Android. not sure if iPhone has bluetooth capability to do anything useful

I paid $500+ for a Gearhead tuned Hydra

Last edited:

SeeYa

Reaction score
My post in our section announcing the new F6 states we are working on this. Android and iPhone is in the near future. The windows tablet was used to get started because we already have the f6 software compatible with the chip using a windows based software.

SeeYa

Reaction score
That's why bluetooth is an option. You can still do the cables and use a laptop of you so desire.

bruce

Reaction score
I threw one out a second story window after losin a few grand online gambling one time

TyCorr

Reaction score
I threw one out a second story window after losin a few grand online gambling one time

The last one I was composing an email to the irs agent assigned to my taxes and it deleted my email. So I smashed that effer with a Klein crescent spud wrench...

Arisley

Reaction score

Good point though!

Yeah, but that was when electricity was a fad. And people thought the air pressure would pop your eyes out of your head if you went sixty miles an hour. LOL

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
All of that, along with talking to Justin, has me seriously considering this option. I'm in Charlotte, so I may have to consider live tuning from you.

Man, you are just all over the country aren't you?! Last I saw, you were in Montana LOL.

No. That joke was pertinent to before you were around...in 2010 I trashed three laptops. Acted up.....hammer. Acted up....torch. Last one acted up and I stuck a spudwrench through it...

I am the same way with computers... When they start to get slow, they get thrown out. Especially now, where they have become really inexpensive compared to a decade ago. My first laptop was $1200 and it was a Dell with nothing fancy. Actually you can get the same thing now for around $400 :eek:fftopic

DocBar

Reaction score
Man, you are just all over the country aren't you?! Last I saw, you were in Montana LOL.

I am the same way with computers... When they start to get slow, they get thrown out. Especially now, where they have become really inexpensive compared to a decade ago. My first laptop was $1200 and it was a Dell with nothing fancy. Actually you can get the same thing now for around $400 :eek:fftopic
I'm like the Beach Boys. I get around. LOL

TARM

Reaction score
Hey DP tuner gents and ladies,

With this new chip and bluetooth capability what security do you have on it? I would even want it frankly with USB connective but with wireless it becomes mandatory. In terms of access to loading and erasing tunes connecting etc.

I just want to point this out. Example we showed how you could hack the TPS systems on vehicles and have them trigger a blow out indicator from a tailing vehicle and setup readers to clock the UI number for tracking at various locals.

I can just see someone standing beside or even driving next to someone and connecting to their chip with their laptop or phone and erasing the tunes and or switching them up. Nice way to win a race or blow a motor sky high if you wanted to. Driving along and your truck just dies or right before a comp changing your competitors tunes to some junk and a rod goes thru your hood.

Anyways just wondering and a heads up it case it got missed.

At the very least set it to have to use a password and make it so it has a decent minimum. Reset manually somehow of course.

People think its not something big but think what a blown motor could cost and pissing off someone with just a little tech know how.

Last edited by a moderator:

V-Ref

Reaction score
TARM

You don't need to worry about this...the tinfoil hat you wear keeps your right wing nut job self and your Excursion EMI protected.

SeeYa

Reaction score
Hey DP tuner gents and ladies,

With this new chip and bluetooth capability what security do you have on it? I would even want it frankly with USB connective but with wireless it becomes mandatory. In terms of access to loading and erasing tunes connecting etc.

I just want to point this out. Example we showed how you could hack the TPS systems on vehicles and have them trigger a blow out indicator from a tailing vehicle and setup readers to clock the UI number for tracking at various locals.

I can just see someone standing beside or even driving next to someone and connecting to their chip with their laptop or phone and erasing the tunes and or switching them up. Nice way to win a race or blow a motor sky high if you wanted to. Driving along and your truck just dies or right before a comp changing your competitors tunes to some junk and a rod goes thru your hood.

Anyways just wondering and a heads up it case it got missed.

At the very least set it to have to use a password and make it so it has a decent minimum. Reset manually somehow of course.

People think its not something big but think what a blown motor could cost and pissing off someone with just a little tech know how.

Nothing was overlooked or missed , but thanks for asking.

1. Truck can't be running when you download tunes. That would make it tough for someone to do what you are saying while driving down the road. Wouldn't it be dangerous if someone were driving and trying to hack your chip. LOL

2. Bluetooth is password protected. I guess since the new version just came out you would not know much about its design. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Just so you know, Moates has been working on a Bluetooth application for his QH for quite some time. Over a year, IIRC. We went with this option when we were up against redesigning the F6 chip because it makes sense for a lot of people to not have to install cables.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.