Best way to Launch

dseitler

Reaction score
I would like to start a discussion about the best way to launch our 2011 - 2014 6.7's. With the axle lock on and the Trac Control off I still have have a problem sometimes with the truck going into dead pedal. Feels like the anti-lock brakes are kicking in on the rear and then it gets real ugly! Mostly doing a Boost lunch when this happens. I'm sure you guys have some great stories and I would like to hear them. I am running the SPE locker kit. Ran my worst times ever last night at Palm Beach International Raceway. Could not hook up to save my a$$ at the line. Any ideas?:tree:

sootie

Reaction score
push and hold the advance trac button until it says advancetrac off on the screen. is it fishtailing at all when you leave the line?

normally, if it is in 4x4 the traction control is off but stability control is still on so if it senses the back end moving out, it will throw the brakes on.

try leaving the line softer maybe.

dseitler

Reaction score
I hold the button down its says Trac Control off and I get the light on in the dash. It's real ugly when I try to do a burnout. The rear will jump up and the pedal goes away. Comes right back as soon as I come off it 100%

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah you have to hold until it says advance trac off.

dseitler

Reaction score
I would like to get this figured out before the 21st.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 185

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Once you start really making power you need to unplug abs sensors.
That is wotkng for me.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I can't load a video but if you leave at or around 10 psi it'll be better also if you tune the tranny better it's a little slow shifting. Also they run out of air hard. I pulled on the g/f's v6 mustang until 60 but she can't launch for crap. Also some engine tuning would help as well H&S tunes leave a little on the table as far as competitive tuning they're good but generalized.

Oops saw you have SPE. Sorry then I would just worry about your launch. Lower tire pressure.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Oh yeah how much power is that ? And what role do the abs sensors play?

Dual high pump power is a rough estimate.
Unplugging them is the only way to fully disable the traction.

I finally got the bugs worked out of my 2wd this weekend.
The water lines froze and track opening delayed until next weekend.

These trucks are tough to stage. Especially 2wd.

I think I can leave with 18 lbs of boost if it all goes right.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Dual high pump power ? What ***king language are u speaking ? As for staging , you're a retard.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My dual high pump high pressure turbo boost makers is a good estimate

Aparently you didnt know you can disable the traction control completely in the tuning? or just hold the button to disable the advance trac? If you are spinning that hard the traction control is probably doing YOU a favor anyway.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Mike,
Dyno's are different so a number is a number. I will say 650-700.

Second I really don't want to be confrontational, but have you ever raced a 2wd?

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Aparently you didnt know you can disable the traction control completely in the tuning? or just hold the button to disable the advance trac? If you are spinning that hard the traction control is probably doing YOU a favor anyway.

I have to do a burnout.

No I was not aware I can disable traction with mcc.

How do you do that?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike,
Dyno's are different so a number is a number. I will say 650-700.

Second I really don't want to be confrontational, but have you ever raced a 2wd?

Sure have. Went 12.9 @ 110 with just a tune. 1st pass ever. At world finals in Texas. Not that difficult.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
how can you not do a burnout? Ive done one on a bone stock truck no problems, they key is turning the advance track off,

Ill look on the tables but there are tables for traction control in both the engine and transmission

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I have to do a burnout.

No I was not aware I can disable traction with mcc.

How do you do that?

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
how can you not do a burnout? Ive done one on a bone stock truck no problems, they key is turning the advance track off,

Ill look on the tables but there are tables for traction control in both the engine and transmission

I have never seen the tables and my truck defuels terrible on the burnout.
Unplugged abs and now it is all better.

Latest posts

Members online