Better HPOP

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I'm looking for a better HPOP than my stock one to support 238/100 and possibly 250/200 injectors in the future. What's the best option? Adrenaline? Terminator?

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
My adrenaline held my 250/100 injectors with no problem and I never had any problems with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
I currently have very acceptable performance (3K@48%) with stock 17* and 250/100s, running many lap times calc'd @ 510-525. There are many variables here (tuning, inj seal, actual pump performance, etc) to make a pump look good or not. For a street truck with most of its time spent at lower demand levels, its fine for me.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
My stock pump was running great I have no complaints (it was checked at WOT with a load against the motor). I just kinda blew something through my timing cover on Saturday. Find out today the official diagnosis but while the engine is out I was thinking about changing the injectors or at least adding a hpop for the future. Never got numbers on my setup but I loved my tuning etc.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
yeah me 2. I will post updates whenever I get them. I have plans to fix or replace then it will be cleaned and painted red.

superpsd

Reaction score
With hybrids you can run a stock pump with good tuning. Charles ran 400/400 hybrids on a stock OBS 15° pump. Granted it will not have a huge torque curve down low. I run a Honey Badger SR. The SR is not released yet but if you can find a Good SRP1.1 they can fix it into a SR.

With those injectors any of the aftermarket pumps will likely support them. T-500, Adrenaline, HB JR.... Dyno Proven also has a Baby Badger pump which is I guess a rebuild with some restrictions removed?

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
Ive read that, but what is cleaned up and changed on the srp when it becomes an HB SR? Sounds good.

superpsd

Reaction score
Not exactly sure. I don't think they are going to tell anyone what they are fixing inside these. However I am happy with it so far. I only drive a few miles a day so I only have maybe 1000 miles on it. Feeding B codes that are somewhere north of 300cc and 200% nozzles. Quite detuned of course.

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
Thats fine, I wouldn't expect them so say. Just curious. If they are using the cores, then there must be a lot going on with the SR that's already been done anyway.

CurtisF

Reaction score
With hybrids you can run a stock pump with good tuning. Charles ran 400/400 hybrids on a stock OBS 15° pump. Granted it will not have a huge torque curve down low.

Oil down at low RPM with a stock HPOP on those injectors is not the issue. In fact, there's no need for that much oil and fuel down low other than trying to snap rods, have a throttle that is uncontrollably sensitive, and be incapable of leaving a stop without killing half the penguin population on the planet.

Where the oil is needed is as RPM's climb and PW increases. If the OP is eventually trying to step up to larger nozzles, the PW down low will be so short that any stock HPOP in decent health would have plenty to spare. Depending on the goals that the OP is trying to reach power-wise compared to the sticks he's putting in will determine the need for a bigger HPOP. Get closer to maxing out bigger injectors at higher RPM, and the oil demand really increases then. That's when a stock HPOP would no longer keep up.

superpsd

Reaction score
From what they said on their FB page is they know where the flaws are on the SRP and the SR addresses that. I hope it is a winning pump. They are only transforming SRPs. You cannot just order a SR pump.

mandkole

Reaction score
mandkole: how does that 94R spool with your setup?

As Layson said, it works real good. I like it best when empty, but it will comfortably tow when it needs to. Heres a roll on vid from a couple yrs ago in the hot street file that its in most of the time.

th_IMG_0470.jpg

Last edited:

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Wow truck sounded good and the turbo had no problem getting to 40 boost. Have you ever gotten dyno results of your setup?

Latest posts

Members online