Beware: H&S EGR delete radiator plug caps

TrickTruck

Reaction score
For those of you running H&S' EGR delete, you had better check those rubber caps that go on the radiator.

Mine were all cracked and rotted (installed late 2012.) One was leaking pretty good and looked about to blow. The other was not in any better condition.

It's tucked up in there pretty good too, made me think the radiator's end cap was failing (so many of these out there.)

Autozone has replacements. It's a 3/4" rubber cap, comes in an assortment.

jwlandry

Reaction score
its a little better to run a 3/4 hose and connect the two ports where the caps go. My caps was all cracked and I put a hose on. Coolant temps dropped a few degrees.

Mattn

Reaction score
Do you need a special type of hose to conect these together?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
X2. I put a built motor in a 6.7 and it started spraying coolant on the test drive. Turned out those caps decided it was a good time to start leaking. LOL

patricku47

Reaction score
For those of you running H&S' EGR delete, you had better check those rubber caps that go on the radiator.

Mine were all cracked and rotted (installed late 2012.) One was leaking pretty good and looked about to blow. The other was not in any better condition.

It's tucked up in there pretty good too, made me think the radiator's end cap was failing (so many of these out there.)

Autozone has replacements. It's a 3/4" rubber cap, comes in an assortment.

Be careful with those caps from the parts store, they aren't any better...

DWhite

Reaction score
I'd also watch out for the long blocker plate if you didn't coat it on the coolant side it will rust up pretty bad. I pulled mine off awhile back and it was rusted like no other.

Latest posts

Members online