Beware Interstate Green top batteries

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I should have known better than using them as they are only 650 CCA but its all i could get.
5 months old (from purchase) and left me stranded.
I didn't think the truck was cranking hard enough when i put them in but im new to 6 leakers so i wrote it off. Thus morning it barely would crank at all. It has been a high of 10 degrees for the past 2 days, nights around -3 and the batteries couldn't take it.

Installed the black top interstates (all napa had) and all is good so far.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I LOVE my 880ish or 850ish CCA batteries from Interstate.

I think you either got a bad set for an odd reason.. or overworked them(if that is possible.) Trying to draw more than they could give you and working them crazy every start.... if thats even possible... and I've been wrong PLENTY times before..

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
They where a cpl years old off the shelf, apparently the Napa here failed to rotate stock.
The 850's crank like a mofo
And i just realized i posted this in the 6.4 tech, guess i fat fingered the phone screen. I meant to post in The 6 leaker tech.

rentstdi

Reaction score
Well those green top batteries are a smaller size than what your truck recommends.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I should have known better than using them as they are only 650 CCA but its all i could get.
5 months old (from purchase) and left me stranded.
I didn't think the truck was cranking hard enough when i put them in but im new to 6 leakers so i wrote it off. Thus morning it barely would crank at all. It has been a high of 10 degrees for the past 2 days, nights around -3 and the batteries couldn't take it.

Installed the black top interstates (all napa had) and all is good so far.

You bought the wrong batteries, that's why they failed. Not because interstate is a bad battery

eng53ine

Reaction score
I've been running the yellow top batteries from autozone in my last 3 trucks have a lot less issues then I had when I was running napa & interstate

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I've been running Cat batteries lately since I get them at cost. I've had very good luck with them.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
I had autozone AGM platinums in my truck from when I bought it. They were barely three years old and crapped out.

Went to replace them and they were $170 each. I told them to keep them.

Went over to Napa and got a pair of their brand 850cca I believe. $110 each. Work like a champ.

co04cobra

Reaction score
We are an interstate dealer. Mainly because they come around and stock shelf so that keeps me from having to keep up with it.

The green tops were def not enough for your truck. However, good luck getting more than 3-4 years out of the MTPs either.

Seems 90% of batteries nowadays are junk. The older factory Ford ones, with the sight eyes, were bad ass. I have seen numerous ones of those last 10yrs. The ones you buy through motorcraft now I still can't seem to get more than 3-4yrs.

Latest posts

Members online