Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Full Force Twins (BTS Twins)

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Terminators Twins

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

72ford250

Reaction score
Looking into big oil as I am looking to get the best fuel atomized out of my 160/80 and may be upgrading to larger fuel injectors at some point. So looking at the swamps gen 3 and full force twins (BTS twins)

Last edited:

emev0l

Reaction score
I’ve had experience with all 3, they all get the job done, as far as price the Gen3 is the cheapest, then Full Force, then Terminator.

The Full Force/BTS pumps have dual IPR’s so it idles great and is very responsive.

That being said I’m a Full Force dealer so I may be a bit biased.

72ford250

Reaction score
I’ve had experience with all 3, they all get the job done, as far as price the Gen3 is the cheapest, then Full Force, then Terminator.

The Full Force/BTS pumps have dual IPR’s so it idles great and is very responsive.

That being said I’m a Full Force dealer so I may be a bit biased.

If you can would you shoot me a quote for the FFD Twins?

superpsd

Reaction score
Actully stage 2 injectors probably benefit from big oil more than hybrids as they require more HPO.

72ford250

Reaction score
Actully stage 2 injectors probably benefit from big oil more than hybrids as they require more HPO.

I totally agree with your statement there. I am just looking to build full psi very quick low in the rpm band. I think it will really help the manual truck pull hard in those lower rpm areas.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I ran the full force twins on my obs and really liked the setup. However I’m going with the gen3 on my 7.3 comp engine that I built. I like the simplicity of the gen2 vs having to deal with a pig tail for the twins, dual ipr’s, and a reverse rotation hpop.

old man dave

Reaction score
I ran the full force twins on my obs and really liked the setup. However I’m going with the gen3 on my 7.3 comp engine that I built. I like the simplicity of the gen2 vs having to deal with a pig tail for the twins, dual ipr’s, and a reverse rotation hpop.

The Terminator Twins only uses one IPR and two stock rotation pumps.

Worked great with my 160 stage II splitshots. :D

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I like the simplicity of the Gen-3 type set-up on a dedicated competition truck. I ran mine on the street and it sucked.
I also ran tandem pumps and they were a paint to work around.
If/when I go for big oil again, FFD will get my call. I had an old BTS set-up years ago and kick myself for selling it. It's a really nice way to go.

72ford250

Reaction score
I like the simplicity of the Gen-3 type set-up on a dedicated competition truck. I ran mine on the street and it sucked.
I also ran tandem pumps and they were a paint to work around.
If/when I go for big oil again, FFD will get my call. I had an old BTS set-up years ago and kick myself for selling it. It's a really nice way to go.

I really can’t wait to see how adding big oil to your 160/80 I got will run. Quick side questions Jim are reverse hybrids ideas dead? Second what is the possibility of getting even bigger A codes stroked to say like a 225/100 or even like a 250/100? Just really trying to look at future with not just huge amount of fuel for power but for more fuel injected psi for fuel atomization.

m j

Reaction score
I really can’t wait to see how adding big oil to your 160/80 I got will run. Quick side questions Jim are reverse hybrids ideas dead? Second what is the possibility of getting even bigger A codes stroked to say like a 225/100 or even like a 250/100? Just really trying to look at future with not just huge amount of fuel for power but for more fuel injected psi for fuel atomization.

if you want more psi reduce the nozzle size.
the nozzle opening is the restriction.
the 7.3 needs more air not smaller droplets of fuel

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I have a 17° HPOP in my '96 and I could hold 3k psi all day with 180/100%, so I am not sure why you are having issues with 160/80%. Incorrect tuning will drop psi, maybe look into that before a larger HPOP for something as small as 160/80%.
The reverse Hybrids are a neat -idea- but that's about it in my opinion. I have not messed with them in probably 10 years. There is so much going on in the injector that to make power you need to inject as much fuel in as short of time as possible. This is why stroked A codes are really tricky to work with, and why Hybrids just do so well.
Reverse Hybrids need even more oil and take longer to inject the same fuel, and IMO is going in the wrong direction. Maybe others have been working on them and are seeing good things from them, and if so good for them. Tuning and parts have come a long way in the last 10 years.

golfer

Reaction score
if you want more psi reduce the nozzle size.
the nozzle opening is the restriction.
the 7.3 needs more air not smaller droplets of fuel

not always

fuel volume per time
HPOil volume per time

consider and compare each metering orifice

golfer

Reaction score
I agree with ya there swamps. What is your stance on big oil with smaller injectors (160/80)?

meh.

I don't have any use for a 80% or 100% nozzle tbh...but people will buy what they want

stock nozzle up to 375rwhp
30% up to 450rwhp
200% up to 700rwhp, but can still be tuned as clean as a stock nozzle.

400%'s aren't clean enough to use on the street.

We make 500-550rwhp on a stock HPOP with our 200/200s...so I just don't get the reasoning behind injectors 15-20cc over a stock AD...but let's slap a nozzle that is TWICE as big (ie, 100%) and go make a smoky af 400hp

but yeah, if your intensifier piston stroke is longer than about 6mm, you'd probably benefit from 'big oil' (in your race tune).

but 99% of this big oil chit is poor tuning. Or the wrong injector. Or you're legit making more than 600rwhp.

the ONLY time you should see a benefit when doing a big hpoil pump is in your race tune...with your foot buried through the carpet. ie, the only time your injector should be at full stroke.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
meh.

I don't have any use for a 80% or 100% nozzle tbh...but people will buy what they want

stock nozzle up to 375rwhp
30% up to 450rwhp
200% up to 700rwhp, but can still be tuned as clean as a stock nozzle.

400%'s aren't clean enough to use on the street.

We make 500-550rwhp on a stock HPOP with our 200/200s...so I just don't get the reasoning behind injectors 15-20cc over a stock AD...but let's slap a nozzle that is TWICE as big (ie, 100%) and go make a smoky af 400hp

but yeah, if your intensifier piston stroke is longer than about 6mm, you'd probably benefit from 'big oil' (in your race tune).

but 99% of this big oil chit is poor tuning. Or the wrong injector. Or you're legit making more than 600rwhp.

the ONLY time you should see a benefit when doing a big hpoil pump is in your race tune...with your foot buried through the carpet. ie, the only time your injector should be at full stroke.
Good info right there. As always sir!!

Im hoping to go bigger with fuel soon after my dually is back up and running. And since my previous tuner is in jail now. You guys will probably be getting my business for it all.. oil and fuel. Cnc fab will probably be getting my business for air though since i like the idea of their new drop in turbo setups.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online