Billet wheel yes or no

05_HD

Reaction score
Ok I'm having my buddy install my egr delete soon, while he is doing that he is going to clean the turbo and intake manifold and install the updated turbo feed/drain lines. My question to you guys is should I go ahead and do a billet wheel on the stock turbo while it's out and apart? My plans for the truck are just to have a fun dd and make 500hp at the most maybe do some pulling for fun. Right now the truck is studded, tuned by IDP, cold air intake, 4in turbo back, blue spring, 5w-40 T6, sinister coolant filter. Deltas are around 8-10* difference on the highway so I'm going to skip doing the oil cooler for now and if it gets worse I'll put the BPD oil cooler in. Future mods would probably be no limit CAC tubes, FICM tune, maybe a ported manifold, at the most 175/stock injectors, built trans with a nice converter.

My main question is on the billet wheel, will the stock turbo with a wheel clean up 175/stock injectors? Also will this set-up be enough for a fun street truck?

05_HD

Reaction score
Pm sent, anyone else with some experience with a billet wheeled stock turbo?

ford rules

Reaction score
I doubt the stock turbo would clean up 175's but I'll let someone else chime in on that.
I am running dieselsites wicked wheel and for the price I'd do it again, I notice low end power the most with it. Also does great while pulling, just had probably 11,000-12,000 on it a few days ago and it did great.

johnp115

Reaction score
If you're going to have the turbo out and apart then i would definitely do it. I have the billet wheel from xsboostchargers.com and it cleans up my 190/stock injectors. I definitely noticed boost gains all around. My truck does hit 44psi on my 2003 turbo with the torque converter locked.

05_HD

Reaction score
Well I ruled it out, my buddy picked the truck up tonight so I wont have time to get it in before he pulls everything. Ill probably just do a turbo upgrade down the road anyway so ill just use the money that wasn't spent on the wheel on something like a ficm tune

loboost

Reaction score
I'm a believer in billet wheels...they major a good difference in spool and lower temps a bit

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
My wheel is pretty good in the top end but gets hotter down low. But I did oh to a 190/100 from a 190/75 so that could be the difference too.

It is a worthwhile upgrade when you get time and the turbo apart again. It really doesn't take that long to do. It is reverse threads and a impact takes it right off without touching the other side.

05_HD

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, like I said I'm going to skip the billet wheel stock turbo and maybe just go ahead and go with a barder Stg 2 on stock sticks pretty soon.

Latest posts

Members online