Bilstein 0 to 2" too short for 2.5" leveling kit?

Boxer

Reaction score
Have a Readylift 2.5" leveling kit being installed tommorow. wanting to install Bilstein 5100 shocks but they say 0 to 2" lift? are these fine for a 2.5" readylift leveling kit or are they going to be short? I will only be doing some light off roading so dont need anything too crazy if it matters?

sootie

Reaction score
if they arent correct for the application. dont use them. Its not that they wont work, its whether you enjoy topping out your shocks every time you go over a bump on the freeway.

Boxer

Reaction score
have noticed that guys are running this setup. should i run a shock that is made for a 4" lift then even know i only have a 2-1/2" level?

sootie

Reaction score
no. get the appropriate shock for your application.

Boxer

Reaction score
Sounds good but I am located in Kelowna, bc canada, would cost me huge to get it out of the states right now and our dollar sucks. Could you help me out with the part numbers .

Boxer

Reaction score
I ended up going with the pro comp pro runner shocks. Got really good reviews and valved for your truck. Getting installed tomorrow .

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ugh...enjoy the 10K miles that they'll last before you buy new shocks again.

Boxer

Reaction score
I put 12,000 kms on my truck last year. Pro comp pro runners come with lifetime warranty, valves specifically for individual trucks and 50% cheaper. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by making my own decision based on information collected from this and other forums. Lol.

JRLott

Reaction score
So that's...7,500 miles? Lifetime warranties on some things make me nervous. Brake pads, shocks, and toilet paper are three of them. Lifetime brake pads usually dust like fv(k, and need to be replaced in 12,000 miles or less, but at least you can take them off, go to the parts house, and get your replacements fairly hassle free. What are you gonna run for shocks while yours are getting rebuilt? I've had a few sets of Bilsteins that I was quite happy with. Just bought a set for the new truck. $70 each. Wanted Fox, but that'll have to wait a bit. Hope these are as decent as the last sets. Some feedback hasn't been great lately, but I've never heard anything good about Pro Comp shocks...not long term.

sootie

Reaction score
I put 12,000 kms on my truck last year. Pro comp pro runners come with lifetime warranty, valves specifically for individual trucks and 50% cheaper. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by making my own decision based on information collected from this and other forums. Lol.

It's ok, people like you have to learn the hard way...

makes me wonder why you ask questions at all?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.