Black truck getttin it done 343 feet

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
that was a great hook!! I must have missed this build thread Jeremy or and way behind on times. Who's truck is that? What all is done? American ride clone?

lubeowner

Reaction score
To answer the questions as best I can we tried some different gearing. Top sled of the sled was 27.9mph. Spun the tires at 35.

On the chassis we worked hard to get the chassis as light as possible. We changed lots of parts to ones off other vehicles, like f150 springs and Chevy impala brake calipers. The front suspension has a similar setup to what is on The American Ride. I tried to do it differently and use the stock shock location but we couldn't keep it flat as I wanted. One difference in this setup is it has stronger shocks out front. We changed the stabilizer shocks for a hydraulic cylinder and drilled and tapped the factory steering box. It is amazing how much better it steers. In the end I think the extra weight out front has a lot to do with the smoothness. I wanted to get 1500 out front and thought it was a lofty goal but we are close. If the truck doesn't get sold then I think we can get some more weight off it. The truck should actually be lighter when we put the duals on it this winter.

Last edited:

lubeowner

Reaction score
That thing sounds amazing going down the track, sounds like it really holds the RPM's up there. What RPM are you leaving at?

he lets out the clutch at 5000 or so. On that hook I think the rpms pulled down to around 3800 and then it reved back to about 4400 before coming back down to about 3500 to the spin out.

can we get some pics of the suspension and steering stablizer set up !!!!

I don't right now. There is a picture of The American Rides front end in the new Diesel Power mag in the suspension section.

Latest posts

Members online