Black Water Engines

08strokin

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used black water engines before? I'm looking for a reman 6.4 engine and they have one for 5500 bucks. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used black water engines before? I'm looking for a reman 6.4 engine and they have one for 5500 bucks. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

DON'T DO IT!!! They're a bunch of hacks and liars. They sleeve engines, even though they claim not to, they will take they're sweet time with any warranty process, it's not pretty. Don't cheap out, go with something proven.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Could not have said it better than Unlimited Diesel. I got about 9k miles outta the long block i bought from them. after tearing it apart my bearings looked like they had been reused, 7 of 8 rods were bent, heads were all cracked & for good measure they had a 6.0 valve thrown in. My truck had never been on a tune over gearhead hot street, never pulled, never raced.....

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
Could not have said it better than Unlimited Diesel. I got about 9k miles outta the long block i bought from them. after tearing it apart my bearings looked like they had been reused, 7 of 8 rods were bent, heads were all cracked & for good measure they had a 6.0 valve thrown in. My truck had never been on a tune over gearhead hot street, never pulled, never raced.....

That's insane.

Vizsla

Reaction score
Yeah there is one of there laborers on here, believe it is gearhead 2012, touts their product as titties. Form your own opinion, nothing but crap if you research it. KC turbos, and affiliated companies seemed to align themselves with Blackwater Engines, so maybe there is hope.

SlowSmoke

Reaction score

There is a reason it's 5500 bucks! Quality parts and the machining alone cost more than that. There are companies in canada doing the same thing and I called once to ask what parts it was built with and he just said "all good parts"

Stroked777

Reaction score
whats your budget looking like for a rebuild, i strongly advise putting in coated and de lipped pistons and valve springs and push rods

08strokin

Reaction score
Well I ordered a bunch of stuff already de-lipped and coated pistons, gasket kit, main and rod bearings, ported intake manifold, h11 studs, steed speed manifolds with rudys up-pipes, New oil cooler, valve springs and pushrods and earlier this week I had already ordered Morgan's 66 billet single kit, as well as the no limit intake. So needless to say I am almost broke lol. I'm going to be dropping my heads and engine off at the machine shop next week and then I'll start saving for the fuel bowl delete , low fuel system and then the trans

08strokin

Reaction score
I already ordered the steeds, I figured I would try them out. If I don't like them I'll sell them to a guy at work he really wants a set.

Latest posts

Members online