Blew my head gaskets... again

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Well Loaded up a new tune and went out and beat on it a little and by a little I mean a lot but it blew so good I had coolant dripping off the back window. So I want yank it again but this time I really want to O ring the heads so I can be done with this. Thinking this time I will have the block checked for trueness while I'm there. Does any one else besides Maryland do it that's good and closer to cali? I also figure while I'm in there ill up the injectors to 205's and throw a stage 1 cam and springs in it.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Never...
Orings are kinda of a bitch to put on.. I would recommend just going with a harder stud because apparently studs stretching is a big deal right now on this forum

Wow...I kind of thought deleting and studding was the ticket. That's a bummer.

Remind me of the definition of insanity again :D jk

I think you tackling the 6.0 and sticking with it is admirable. I know if it were me that thing would be yarded out for a different motor

Mdub707

Reaction score
As long as your block is flat a good set of o-ring heads seems to help some of the guys. An extreme stud would help as well. It will resist stretching more than the standard ARP's as well.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Well Loaded up a new tune and went out and beat on it a little and by a little I mean a lot but it blew so good I had coolant dripping off the back window. So I want yank it again but this time I really want to O ring the heads so I can be done with this. Thinking this time I will have the block checked for trueness while I'm there. Does any one else besides Maryland do it that's good and closer to cali? I also figure while I'm in there ill up the injectors to 205's and throw a stage 1 cam and springs in it.

Whats crazy is we never have to o ring them to make it hold. Crazy business

Call me if you need cams/springs again. I have 1 regrind colt on my desk left before they go on B/O again if you need it brother

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I tried O-rings last time my headgaskets were done. So far so good over 600hp since they were done. Std ARP's too... Not saying it is needed, but it has worked for me. Will be 2 years in January since they were O-ringed.

KCTurbos

Reaction score

I am very curious about this... I have been researching this subject for a while now... it seems that more and more guys are popping up with repeat headgasket problems (mostly in higher HP 6.0s)

Can you tell us more about your setup?
How long on current gaskets?
Machine work?
Studs?
Gaskets?
Guesstimated HP?

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Why are O-rings hard to put on? You mean the machining part or putting them on the truck?

Never...
Orings are kinda of a bitch to put on.. I would recommend just going with a harder stud because apparently studs stretching is a big deal right now on this forum

Who is UCF?

Ucf does mail order o-ring heads

Then what am I doing wrong lol, every other truck I stud stays together fine but it's always mine that blows a gasket, but I mean hard on the truck from drag racing to sled pulling and just all around hard driving on the street. Every time I make sure that everything is true and clean. I'll let you know, deciding between stage 1 or stage 2 cam.

Whats crazy is we never have to o ring them to make it hold. Crazy business

Call me if you need cams/springs again. I have 1 regrind colt on my desk left before they go on B/O again if you need it brother

You just put a grove in the heads correct?

I tried O-rings last time my headgaskets were done. So far so good over 600hp since they were done. Std ARP's too... Not saying it is needed, but it has worked for me. Will be 2 years in January since they were O-ringed.

190/75's, 68vgt, arp studs. It's been a little more then a year I did them June. I made sure the heads were decked and I checked the block with a straight edge. Stock gaskets and a fresh set of arp studs. Before my turbo I was 525 with a powermax so now with my 68 I'm thinking 600?

I am very curious about this... I have been researching this subject for a while now... it seems that more and more guys are popping up with repeat headgasket problems (mostly in higher HP 6.0s)

Can you tell us more about your setup?
How long on current gaskets?
Machine work?
Studs?
Gaskets?
Guesstimated HP?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We do oring ever head thay comes through this shop and will not warranty without them
Let us know if you need help we can ship them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
I think most people don't realize there are a few ways to do this job correctly. Yes, a few. There's not one "holy grail" setup out there.... BUT there are a TON of ways to do this wrong. There are WAY too many variables to say they keep blowing even when studded. We don't know driving habits, what tune is being used, maintenance, history of the vehicle.... and that's not even getting into the stud job itself!