Block Heater Hot

bigwheel

Reaction score
I just pluged 2 different 7.3's for 2 hours using the same type cords. One was a lot hotter to touch the block heater then the other, it also sounded like the oil was bubbling. This doesn't sound right. Is there a way to check if they are working correctly? What are some thoughs to check? Thanks

Arisley

Reaction score
1. How do you touch the block heater, it is inside the motor.
2. That is water you hear, not oil. It's not boiling, but the heat does cause it to circulate.

3. The block heater is basically like the heating element in an electric water heater. It is going to make the coolant hot. You will have heat when you start the truck.

bigwheel

Reaction score
Awesome thanks guys, I guess I have missunderstood how they really work. So it is ok to hear the coolent circulating? Also when I touch the side of the block where I guess the heater would be close to or where it goes in at, how warm is it going to be? Between the 2 different trucks there is a big temp difference.
Thanks

Tom S

Reaction score
In a couple of hours it will be nice and warm to the tough were the element is. Mine makes a boiling sound for a bit after it has been plugged in like 30sec.

Latest posts