Blown IC pipe?

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Id like to read about the people who have blown there IC pipe or know someone that has. What mods was done to truck and what psi or anything about it in that sense.

Just put my streetmax on and now I'm worried about that lol. Thanks

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Id like to read about the people who have blown there IC pipe or know someone that has. What mods was done to truck and what psi or anything about it in that sense.

Just put my streetmax on and now I'm worried about that lol. Thanks

I've not had a issue with my streetmax and the plastic cold side, and it's been on for 8k miles of abuse. May be a fluke, but I'm willing to bet you'll be fine.

I did just upgrade my cold side with my new replacement kit. Full aluminum cold side from intercooler outlet to upper intake manifold inlet. Picked up some throttle response and a couple horsepower on the dyno. Those will be ready for market in a week, if you're interested.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
I've not had a issue with my streetmax and the plastic cold side, and it's been on for 8k miles of abuse. May be a fluke, but I'm willing to bet you'll be fine.

I did just upgrade my cold side with my new replacement kit. Full aluminum cold side from intercooler outlet to upper intake manifold inlet. Picked up some throttle response and a couple horsepower on the dyno. Those will be ready for market in a week, if you're interested.

Good to hear man maybe I'll check it out. What psi are you hitting?

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
To the rest of you guys thanks for the input and I am aware of them blowing on stock trucks just like the stock turbos to, which mine made it to 60k with a little under half of that was beat on and seen over 30psi a lot. ( by the way it has 0 play in it )

What I am after is a real life scenario type of thing.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im going mishimoto myself,lifetime gaurantee by a respected company @ around $315.
Polished stainless steel,mandrel bends & high grade clamps.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
But really, back on track. We have seen and heard of a lot of failure's on just stock trucks.
Had a friend who's dad bought a new 6.7 Powerstroke and failed at 13k miles totally stock. The dealer wouldn't even warranty it:( I assume the the pipes are plastic injection molded, and the exact quality is difficult to keep up at mass quantity.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Good to hear man maybe I'll check it out. What psi are you hitting?

actually they break from long sustained heat cycles, not from any amount of power or boost. most the breaks happen on long hauls where the plastic fatigues. i sell alot of the h&s units to people far from home, and people towing heavy. tuned or stock. i wouldn't listen to anyone who said "you're probably fine " , as there is no recourse for when it happen, certainly over a $300 part that cost the same from ford to replace . it's not if, it's when , and the day you're stuck , remember you knew the weak link and did nothing about it. i dont tell people they need it, but i tell people when/if they do they are gonna be bummed.

I would go with China too..........

certainly you meant taiwan . LOL

RedRice589

Reaction score

Agreed but I've seen them blow on stock trucks. Mine was abused and towing constantly but I had no problems.

MrGTO

Reaction score
Agreed but I've seen them blow on stock trucks. Mine was abused and towing constantly but I had no problems.

Oh the side of the road a warranty isn't that great, I would rather just buy the better part that won't fail.

I agree with you, Im just curious as to why A Ford dealer wouldn't warranty a factory part like HS-MotorsportZane said they didnt.

YJSONLY

Reaction score
A buddy had one blow sitting at a red light at 55k. Then at 98k he did tuner and delate and at 100k I was driving accelerated on a on ramp and BOOM! We was 1000miles from home and a hour before closing time in Texas. Luckily the ford dealer had one in stock!

Latest posts