Blown IC pipe?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
But really, back on track. We have seen and heard of a lot of failure's on just stock trucks.
Had a friend who's dad bought a new 6.7 Powerstroke and failed at 13k miles totally stock. The dealer wouldn't even warranty it:( I assume the the pipes are plastic injection molded, and the exact quality is difficult to keep up at mass quantity.
did they say why they wouldnt cover it?
Hes referring to the cheap Chinese made mishimoto stuff.
it was completely bone stock and not covered under warranty..

live life full throttle

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
It was completely bone stock. The dealer said they have never seen that happen and blamed it on abuse........ $400 later he was back on the road with a new plastic pipe:(

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Blew mine recently. It sucks and its a huge headache to deal with. No boost and you better hope the sensor didnt get lost in the process...

Oh and avoid mishimoto and buy H&S.
Still trying to get warranty work done on mine. Made a mistake buying theirs and it did not have a CNC made port for the sensor. (Poor customer service) Of course if you install without sensor youll only get about 4 lbs of boost and a check engine light code. Oh and a lot of smoke

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Blew mine recently. It sucks and its a huge headache to deal with. No boost and you better hope the sensor didnt get lost in the process...

Oh and avoid mishimoto and buy H&S.
Still trying to get warranty work done on mine. Made a mistake buying theirs and it did not have a CNC made port for the sensor. (Poor customer service) Of course if you install without sensor youll only get about 4 lbs of boost and a check engine light code. Oh and a lot of smoke

Did you leave the sensor unplugged or plugged in laying in the fender?

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Unplugged....I tried also plugging in and zip'ed to the side and it still acted funny. Just gonna wait for the correct pipe to be shipped and be safe

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You can leave it plugged in and reading ambient temp with no issues. the temperature change between the two is very minimal. The only time you may see a excessive higher reading is at idle or constant low speeds. Regardless, I do agree that it's better to have it as factory as possible.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
The problem was boost and power though, plugged in or not on my 12 at least; I only was able to get around 4-6 psi max lol. I use the truck for work also and didn't want to risk damaging anything with my luck lately haha

eagle1899

Reaction score
What is the difference between the two H&S kits? One is OEM replacement and the other is for tuned trucks, but what is the difference?

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I wonder how restrictive the butterfly TB actually is compared to deleting it?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Under pressure...not enough restriction to measure at these power levels.

Reaction score
I wonder how restrictive the butterfly TB actually is compared to deleting it?

We did not see a noticeable difference between the two.

The kit that removes the throttle valve (122001) is more suited for someone that wants to clean up the appearance of the engine bay and/or has zero use or intentions of using the throttle valve again.

The OEM replacement kit (122004) attaches to the factory throttle valve and does not require any tuning at all to be installed. This is better suited for someone that may or may not return their truck back to stock, doesn't want to tune their truck, has a factory warranty still or is just trying to replace the problematic or broken plastic pipe and nothing else.

Both kits work well and are easy to install. I tell people that are on the fence between the two kits to just get the OEM replacement style (122004) as it is easy to return back to stock tuning if you ever needed or wanted and there isn't a noticeable performance gain between the two.

All of our kits are made in the USA and we take pride in that.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
We did not see a noticeable difference between the two.

The kit that removes the throttle valve (122001) is more suited for someone that wants to clean up the appearance of the engine bay and/or has zero use or intentions of using the throttle valve again.

The OEM replacement kit (122004) attaches to the factory throttle valve and does not require any tuning at all to be installed. This is better suited for someone that may or may not return their truck back to stock, doesn't want to tune their truck, has a factory warranty still or is just trying to replace the problematic or broken plastic pipe and nothing else.

Both kits work well and are easy to install. I tell people that are on the fence between the two kits to just get the OEM replacement style (122004) as it is easy to return back to stock tuning if you ever needed or wanted and there isn't a noticeable performance gain between the two.

All of our kits are made in the USA and we take pride in that.

I had the butterfly valve delete kit from H&S motorsports before I demodded and I loved it!