Blue dye

webb06

Reaction score
we use the blue dye on power stroke's with potential head gasket failure. hasn't failed us yet. but I'm not sure what else it could be on your pickup. may try replacing the egr cooler since yours is just welded. other than that....sounds like HG's

swinky

Reaction score
we use the blue dye on power stroke's with potential head gasket failure. hasn't failed us yet. but I'm not sure what else it could be on your pickup. may try replacing the egr cooler since yours is just welded. other than that....sounds like HG's

That's good news. That's exactly what the ford tech told me, said it's never failed him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
That's good news. That's exactly what the ford tech told me, said it's never failed him.

does it puke coolant or just build pressure? like said above is it a sudden rise in pressure? or does it slowly build up?

swinky

Reaction score
does it puke coolant or just build pressure? like said above is it a sudden rise in pressure? or does it slowly build up?

Builds fast and pukes. Showing every sign of a hg failure but the coolant is clean and smells good and it's passing the dye test with flying colors. Also it won't even think about building pressure on the stock tune. Just when boost is 25+

webb06

Reaction score
id put money on a headgasket then. im sure theres some company that can take a coolant sample and break it down to see if there is combustion gases literally in the coolant.

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah true. I wish the turd would fail the test so I can just admit they're blown.

Latest posts

Members online