Blue Smoke and Oil Consumption

Reaction score
I haven't yet. But I will if needed. My truck threw and idm failure code and a p1275 code which is open circuit to injector number 5 im thinking that that solenoid is bad on that injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
A buzz test will tell you if the solenoid circuit is OK. A multimeter will tell you if it is the wiring or the solenoid.

Still does not address the oil consumption.

Reaction score
Gotcha!! Alright I will check that out. I will keep you guys posted though.

mandkole

Reaction score
If you think its injector related, troubleshoot the oil rails to see if there is pressure loss. Do it one head at a time with a handpump, check valve and gauge. It needs to hold pressure. You could also pull the VCs to see if that pressure is bleeding past the poppets (out the spouts) and the top oil ring. However, consumption loss will likely be blowing oil into the fuel rail.

mandkole

Reaction score
No, not consume oil, but bleed pressure.

If the injector was contributing to the consumption of oil, the only way I could see that happening is that oil would go past a damaged or worn lower ring into the fuel rail and mix with the fuel.

My truck will haze some blue smoke when the motor is real cold, then it goes away when it gets heat in it.

Reaction score
Alright so maybe with these new orings on it could have fixed the problem. I haven't seen the orings. My mechanic said that they looked fine but who knows. I am having him check my turbo to while he's in there to see if that is where my problem is. I highly doubt it but I guess anything is possible.

79jasper

Reaction score
Haha a turbo will surprise you. Just ask how I know. Lol
You never stated how much oil it's using.
Only check it about 15 minutes after shutdown to get the most accurate readings.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Alright I will check it out. And my odometer broke on my truck so I have no idea how many miles I put on it. But I had the injectors put in like 2 months ago and it's at the add now. I don't drive it to much. It was completely full.

Latest posts

Members online