Blue smoke on cold start...

firehunter

Reaction score
Re-read some of the posts in the thread about testing the resistance in the wiring/injectors and finally got to test mine today. Using a Sperry DMM with a 0-200 Ohm scale and testing at the 42 pin connector they all tested between 2.7 - 3.0 ohms. It sounds like 3.0 is the magic number and many posts suggest owners with higher readings benefited from changing out the UVCH's. What about lower readings? I only tested at the 42 pin connector since the readings were below 3.0. Oh, and this was tested midday on a "cold" engine about 45* ambient temps.

???

maplemale

Reaction score
It sounds like 3.0 is the magic number and many posts suggest owners with higher readings benefited from changing out the UVCH's. What about lower readings? I only tested at the 42 pin connector since the readings were below 3.0. Oh, and this was tested midday on a "cold" engine about 45* ambient temps.

???

You're measuring resistance. Bear in mind that unless you are talking about superconducting materials in quantum computing applications, there is no such thing as zero resistance. Even then, it's "near zero". You always have some resistance and the way I've understood it is, less is better. I can't imagine less = causing a problem in this case. Maybe if you're talking about a sensor that uses resistance to measure something. But, that's not the case here. You're simply providing low voltage to activate solenoid.

So, I was getting pretty much no smoke except a slight haze when cold out after changing the UVCH(s) and I'm not sure what changed, but it's back again. Blue/grey and filling the neighborhood until oil temp hits about 110-120. All I did was change the oil I swear! lol

I just about don't care anymore. I'm working on moving out of the city anyway. Until then, i'm just hoping the soccer mom walking her kids to school with her hands on her mouth, taking pictures of my smoke decides I'm not worth her trouble. I just changed my Dad's OBS injectors out with Stage 1s from Full Force 2 weeks ago. Curious now if he has similar issues. He's still putting other parts of his truck back together. Guess I'll find out soon.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hmm....im glad I didnt go with small injectors because mine didnt do all this crap.

I mean unless there is variance in what one person deems acceptable.

Ill take the unfiltered, hazy, fuel smelling exhaust on a 7.3 over baby barf burning on a radiator smell that comes out of a dpf/def in tact duramax. Gross. Or it smells like dryer exhaust with silicone sealant fumes. Bad either way. I though I would but I dont miss that pile of shti.

Im ok if my 7.3 is my last truck I need.

Jomax

Reaction score
Hmm....im glad I didnt go with small injectors because mine didnt do all this crap.

Ill take the unfiltered, hazy, fuel smelling exhaust on a 7.3 over baby barf burning on a radiator smell that comes out of a dpf/def in tact duramax. Gross. Or it smells like dryer exhaust with silicone sealant fumes. Bad either way. I though I would but I dont miss that pile of shti.

I would've been happy with my 7.3 aswell. But, after the wreck I looked for 7.3s, couldn't find a clean one without paying an arm, a leg, and a kidney. Needed a truck and didn't want to dump money in a 6.0 to make it reliable. So I jumped to the 6.7. But, I do miss my 7.3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

N2GN2

Reaction score

Ill take the unfiltered, hazy, fuel smelling exhaust on a 7.3 over baby barf burning on a radiator smell that comes out of a ***/def in tact duramax. Gross. Or it smells like dryer exhaust with silicone sealant fumes. Bad either way. I though I would but I dont miss that pile of shti.

So the answer is hybrids, or B codes with a few hpops?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nope. One pump. I have a 17° in there now. No issues thus far. Had an srp but it srp'd itself.

My 250/200s are clean upon startup but after the egts warm and eot is low it is a cloud pourer. But under freezing temps. When its 40-60 on cold starts it has a little blue to it and it burns your eyes but when its all warm there is nothing.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont. I just dont see the point anymore. If you have to change them anyway why not add some fuel?

Between an ad or even ad/30% and an ac or ac/30%...id take the ads just because tuning isnt necessary. If you lose the chip or the chip and pcm you have less to deal with. Thats me though. I don't like doing all that for nothing.

Latest posts

Members online