Blue smoke when I back off the throttle

Swanny307

Reaction score
I've noticed the last few times getting in my truck when it's cold, oil temp and coolant temp around 50 to 60 degrees. But when I take off from a stop get up to speed then let off the throttle the truck starts smoking. Bluish smoke not really sure what it is, was gonna change the tuning but figured I'd ask on here first. It's a 2013 been de*eted for almost 50,000 miles running GH tuning any info would be great thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Sounds pretty normal when the truck is not warmed up. I experience the same thing.

jetskier

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. The second you tap the throttle, it goes away. It seems bizarre that barely touching the throttle fixes it because the temps just don't magically jump.

Notneb

Reaction score
Youtube heavy equipment cold start, or big cam 400 cold start. You'll feel better ;)

sootie

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. The second you tap the throttle, it goes away. It seems bizarre that barely touching the throttle fixes it because the temps just don't magically jump.

in cylinder temps DO dramatically jump when you blip the throttle. The smoke you are seeing is poor atomization of the fuel with low cylinder temps. the instant the rpm goes up, there is enough heat to atomise the fuel perfectly.

Swanny307

Reaction score
I replaced the turbo with a tow max from Midwest think maybe the stock turbo seals were bad and pushing oil by. But even with the new turbo ok I still get the same smoke when engine temp is cold. The truck has been de*eted for 50,000 miles and it's never done it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online