BMF Novakane issue

bmiller5

Reaction score
I have a set of 20x10 BMF Novakanes, bought NEW in Feb 2012.

The chrome has been popping off lately and under the chrome is not what you would normally see, its black and looks just like the Death Metal finish.. very glossy.. Now why would BMF chrome over a Death Metal wheel?! :wtf:

Just thought I would see what your guy's input would be on what would be best to do. I wouldn't mind having the black on my truck but not sure how I would go about removing the chrome without ruining the black, if isn't aren't already?

- I will try and get a few pictures tomorrow if I get the chance

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think you can chrome dip a coated material. I think it has to be raw and completely clean of contaminates before it'll bond

Any way you can post pics? I'm not a chromer by any means but I wonder if its just part of the chroming process you're seeing

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I think bmf has a 2 yr warranty on finish. They may take care of that....

PSA CEO

bmiller5

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think you can chrome dip a coated material. I think it has to be raw and completely clean of contaminates before it'll bond

Any way you can post pics? I'm not a chromer by any means but I wonder if its just part of the chroming process you're seeing

I did not think you could either, but a friend has the same exact wheels that are pitting as well and a few spots of chrome have popped and they are a yellowish grey color under it...

I will try and get some pictures tomorrow sometime

bmiller5

Reaction score
null_zpsd894609d.jpg

null_zpsf905dd97.jpg

null_zps297af9c7.jpg

fine69

Reaction score
Are your wheels chrome or the newer PVD finish? Just curious because I haven't heard of anybody having any problems with PVD.

Latest posts

Members online