body shop hurt my engine.....

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Why could you not use a scope to verify cam timing? Ford should be able to do it with the IDS and the VMM hooked to it.

Because nobody knows how to operate a scope properly anymore......

Some of the good ol 7.3L/6.0 boys do.. !

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
That's exactly what I would be doing to verify the timing. Its definitely the least intrusive way of checking. Still haven't figured out what the dealer is expecting to find when they pull a cylinder head off.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
There's obviously more to the story. If the crank case pressured up enough and blew a turbo seal on the compressor side and put a bunch of oil on top of the pistons I would take a look also.... just sayin.

Other than that we can Internet speculate this thing to DEATH!!!! But I find it rather fun to do so. Hate it for the OP tho...

Reaction score
There's obviously more to the story. If the crank case pressured up enough and blew a turbo seal on the compressor side and put a bunch of oil on top of the pistons I would take a look also.... just sayin.

Other than that we can Internet speculate this thing to DEATH!!!! But I find it rather fun to do so. Hate it for the OP tho...

If it had enough oil in there to do anything more than smoke it would be hydro-locked. Or it would have ran away Detroit style.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

Lol....

On anything higher than 475*F yes... runaway.

And just what happens on weak rods when a engine hydrolocks!..... :doh:

Like I said. Speculating. But with speculating it would be a fair amount more beneficial of you IDE's would actually contribute to the thread rather than bash the person or shop doing the work.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Lol....

On anything higher than 475*F yes... runaway.

And just what happens on weak rods when a engine hydrolocks!..... :doh:

Like I said. Speculating. But with speculating it would be a fair amount more beneficial of you IDE's would actually contribute to the thread rather than bash the person or shop doing the work.

Im not an engine builder but have been around plenty and I agree with you.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Wait..what you just called out yourself in the previous post.

Nobody is man enough to take a call out so from time to time I must call myself out.

Too many Hillary/Bernie diesel owners these days with all the internal feelings somehow formed externally.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Well, we have a few courses of action, and I am just waiting for the "higher ups" from the repair shop to figure out which one that they are going to go along with...

By the way, Morgan at midwest, you are the mvther fvucking MAN!!!! He has given a phenomenal deal to these guys (and to me, as well) that I think blew their minds.... As they were trying to find a used diesel engine to get, and have installed through Ford. And when Morgan beat all of their used engine prices, with a new long block.... they were left speechless. Thanks Morgan, as I said, you are the man...

Also, when I mentioned that Kevin at Rescue Diesel's shop rates were $40 less per hour than Ford, again, they were blown away... And that it was only $400 bucks for Nick Salazar to transport it to Stafford, VA to get the work done.... Again, they had no words, nor understanding of how I was able to get these rates....

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I was hesitant to put the shop's name out there, until they did either the right thing, or the wrong thing.

But, Tom, their "problem solver" has been in contact with me, and is doing everything in his power to make this right. It was only the local shop manager, that was trying to sidestep. But I believe that Tom has made him understand what is going to happen, and he is rolling with it. But I only deal with Tom now.

Reaction score
I was hesitant to put the shop's name out there, until they did either the right thing, or the wrong thing.

But, Tom, their "problem solver" has been in contact with me, and is doing everything in his power to make this right. It was only the local shop manager, that was trying to sidestep. But I believe that Tom has made him understand what is going to happen, and he is rolling with it. But I only deal with Tom now.

Have they given a diagnosis of what's actually wrong with the current engine?

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Have they given a diagnosis of what's actually wrong with the current engine?

May be a case of they dont knowso they are just going to rebuild it to start fresh.

I think that the $2,400 they have racked up diagnosing the problem, and that number will likely grow substantially, coupled with fear of it being a complete motor anyhow, has them saying, "fvck it", and just doing a complete motor...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Fvck an A.... The insurance Co for the body shop has the ball now, and they are talking about totaling the truck again..... We are supposed to know something thursday or friday... Killing me.... just, killing me.... LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
My question is who in their right mind isnt expecting to get smacked in the eye for keeping a company truck in limbo for finger pointing this long? That part is as unacceptable as the idiots who pinched off the breather and walked away.

Latest posts

Members online