body shop hurt my engine.....

dsberman94

Reaction score
Corbs truck has compounds. It's not a stock work truck. But the reroute keeps all the Crankcase vapors, which will build up into oil deposit, out of the Cac system.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Corbs truck has compounds. It's not a stock work truck. But the reroute keeps all the Crankcase vapors, which will build up into oil deposit, out of the Cac system.
Got ya that makes more sense now, thanks for the break down. I didn't realize he had compounds thought it was stock.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Depending on your coverage shouldn't insurance be covering your losses? Or at least putting you in a replacement vehicle till repairs are complete on your truck?

The only problem with a replacement vehicle, is the amount of suspension mods that it takes to haul that big 53 footer... lol the stock engine did it, but the compounds did it better... LOL but the empty truck and trailer gets me to 8,500 pounds on the drive axle, and loaded, I average about 11,500 on the drives...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Why? Because I'm right?

Removing the bed doesn't move the hose around, unless the hose wasn't properly secured in the first place. In which this is precisely what happened in this case. It's plain to see in the limited pictures provided.

Sorry, but it is what it is. He may have "zip tied" it in a few places around the middle of the frame, but where he didn't, the hose buckled when the bed was lifted off, because the hose was pushing that direction and the only thing holding it in place was the bed in the way. Move the bed, the hose goes where it wants to when it's not secured in that spot. Plus, the zip ties used were too small.

It's very simple. Anyone who has ever worked on vehicles even a little bit knows that things move when they aren't secured properly. When everyone is trying to throw the body shop under the bus, I'm just trying to point out common sense. If you want me banned for it, then fine I don't care.

Still making assumptions, huh? People like you, make me laugh.

The bed has been off before, in fact, taken off by the same company, yet a different shop. the CCV does not need to be touched, and it is routed under the frame, into the exhaust. the end of the hose, was disconnected, from the exhaust, zipties were cut, and the hose was layed over the top of the frame, and the bed places, perfectly on top of it.... A blind man, could take the 8 bed bolts out, and the three screws holding the fuel hose in place, and the few other support bolts, and remove the bed. and unless you reach UNDER THE FRAME, DISCONNECT THE END OF THE CCV FROM THE EXHAUST, CUT 3 ZIP TIES, RE ROUTE THE CCV HOSE OVER THE FRAME, LAY IT THERE, AND DROP THE BED DIRECTLY ON IT, then this would never have been an issue, and I would have driven my truck home...

But thanks for being a complete panty waste of an excuse for a human being, and mucking up this thread, with your wisdom and assumptions, based on less that the facts. You can dismiss yourself, as I give less that two ****z about you, or your bull ****.

It's funny to me, that I get invited to $10,000 dinners, and flown around the world, just to motivate folks, and speak to disabled veterans, special operations guys, police, and kids who have had a rough time with their disabilities or injuries. I have met hundreds of guys off of this site, and others (even the chevy and dodge guys) and get along famously with them. Yet you decided that I am beneath you? LOL You continuously "poke the bear" and then try to prove how much smarter you are..

Good luck in your future endeavors, and kindly, **** off...

Last edited:

CurtisF

Reaction score
Still making assumptions, huh? People like you, make me laugh.

The bed has been off before, in fact, taken off by the same company, yet a different shop. the CCV does not need to be touched, and it is routed under the frame, into the exhaust. the end of the hose, was disconnected, from the exhaust, zipties were cut, and the hose was layed over the top of the frame, and the bed places, perfectly on top of it.... A blind man, could take the 8 bed bolts out, and the three screws holding the fuel hose in place, and the few other support bolts, and remove the bed. and unless you reach UNDER THE FRAME, DISCONNECT THE END OF THE CCV FROM THE EXHAUST, CUT 3 ZIP TIES, RE ROUTE THE CCV HOSE OVER THE FRAME, LAY IT THERE, AND DROP THE BED DIRECTLY ON IT, then this would never have been an issue, and I would have driven my truck home...

But thanks for being a complete panty waste of an excuse for a human being, and mucking up this thread, with your wisdom and assumptions, based on less that the facts. You can dismiss yourself, as I give less that two ****z about you, or your bull ****.

It's funny to me, that I get invited to $10,000 dinners, and flown around the world, just to motivate folks, and speak to disabled veterans, special operations guys, police, and kids who have had a rough time with their disabilities or injuries. I have met hundreds of guys off of this site, and others (even the chevy and dodge guys) and get along famously with them. Yet you decided that I am beneath you? LOL You continuously "poke the bear" and then try to prove how much smarter you are..

Good luck in your future endeavors, and kindly, **** off...

I'm poking the bear because your story is full of holes and doesn't make any sense.

If the hose was completely out of the way as you have claimed, then WHY would a body shop tech move it? After all, nothing else was moved.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I'm poking the bear because your story is full of holes and doesn't make any sense.

If the hose was completely out of the way as you have claimed, then WHY would a body shop tech move it? After all, nothing else was moved.

This is EXACTLY the reason that I have issue with the body shop, and the reason WHY I am not accepting responsibility for THEIR fvck up.... But, the hose, that was once connected to a 1 inch tube, welded into my exhaust, by David Farlow, is dangling, just out of view from the side of the vehicle, in between the exhaust (that it was once attached to) and the drive shaft.

Why did they take it off? I have no ****ing idea.

WHY would they keep my truck for 68 days to replace sections of the cab, replace the front fender, remove the bed and paint the passenger side ONLY, and both duallie fenders? I have no idea.

WHY did they do half ass work on the painting of parts of my truck? I have no idea.

WHY did they tell me that the turbo was at fault, even though I drove the vehicle to them in perfect working order (although dented) and it drove fine for them, until they drove it to the alignment shop, when is started smoking like a Louisiana Mosquito fogger? I have no idea.

WHY did they put a one inch wide, 6-8 inch long gouge in my window tint? I have no idea.

WHY did they leave out several screws/bolts off of my inner fender skirt? I have no idea.

WHY do you make assumptions, and announce to the whole forum, on my thread, that I should pay the $3,000 up to $20,000 for a new engine, or rebuilt engine, or injector swap, when you don't know the whole story, instead of asking for these specific details, and make snap judgements against me, and state YOUR ideas as facts, or the ONLY way that they could have possibly screwed up, was if I had been lazy in my installation of aftermarket parts? I have no idea.

So, you have, with less than all of the facts of this investigation, vouched for a company that has done MULTIPLE screw ups, instead of MAYBE thinking that I might not be at fault.... Good job on that, by the way. Putting your stamp of approval, on a business that 75% of their work will have to be redone by another body shop.

But, as kindly as I can muster, even though you seem to have a personal issue with me, yet hide behind your keyboard in SEVERAL attempts to discredit me, and stick me with a serious bill, for something that you know Jack Sheet about, Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
A CCV hose isn't nearly as noticeable to the average body shop tech as a gigantic bed stack. :slap:

People that remove and install truck beds all day long don't expect something such as a CCV hose. Especially one that was installed in such a way that would move/shift with the removal of the bed. Because that's the ONLY way it would have been pinched when the bed was put back on the truck.
If they move it when removing the bed and don't route it the way it was, then they are idiots. And it sounds like it was moved by the body shop, so yes it was noticeable. Attention to detail.
I notice you are are an expert on everything. You should learn to step away from the keyboard once in awhile.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

white59rt

Reaction score
If the body shop removed it and didnt know wtf it was they should have contacted the owner and asked WTF it was, that would be a good body shop that you know is paying attention to details!!! Afterall lets point out common sense while we are at it.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Why? Because I'm right?

Removing the bed doesn't move the hose around, unless the hose wasn't properly secured in the first place. In which this is precisely what happened in this case. It's plain to see in the limited pictures provided.

Sorry, but it is what it is. He may have "zip tied" it in a few places around the middle of the frame, but where he didn't, the hose buckled when the bed was lifted off, because the hose was pushing that direction and the only thing holding it in place was the bed in the way. Move the bed, the hose goes where it wants to when it's not secured in that spot. Plus, the zip ties used were too small.

It's very simple. Anyone who has ever worked on vehicles even a little bit knows that things move when they aren't secured properly. When everyone is trying to throw the body shop under the bus, I'm just trying to point out common sense. If you want me banned for it, then fine I don't care.

You're a stupid *** if your whole argument on this is that "well the line shouldn't be there!" Like it ***king matters if it should or should not be there, exercise some common sense when doing your damn job. Half the people on the planet ***king suck at what they do and it's because of ***kface attitudes like yours. "It's not my fault for pinching that hose, because it shouldn't have been there!" Open your eyes and take some pride in your work. A 15 second visual check before setting the bed down is common sense. Your thinking is flawed.

Jesus Corb, sorry to hear this is still going on man! Hope they figure it out soon.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
You're a stupid *** if your whole argument on this is that "well the line shouldn't be there!" Like it ***king matters if it should or should not be there, exercise some common sense when doing your damn job. Half the people on the planet ***king suck at what they do and it's because of ***kface attitudes like yours. "It's not my fault for pinching that hose, because it shouldn't have been there!" Open your eyes and take some pride in your work. A 15 second visual check before setting the bed down is common sense. Your thinking is flawed.

Jesus Corb, sorry to hear this is still going on man! Hope they figure it out soon.

Yeah, this is NOT going quickly, at all.... I was supposed to deliver a car out to Justin, 2-3 months ago, and was def looking forward to hanging out for a bit. It was bad ass to see you and the gang out at Rudy's though.

And chit head will def still try to justify his highly ignorant thought process, and that this is still somehow MY fault, because of the alignment of the cosmos, rather than his unwarranted dislike of me, in 3... 2... 1...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Got ya that makes more sense now, thanks for the break down. I didn't realize he had compounds thought it was stock.

The engine, fuel system, and trans are all stock. I got the Industrial Injection "add a turbo" kit, so I have a BW S475, 96 turbine, 1.32:1 AR feeding a stock SST. That little thing ran out of breath in the altitudes out west... LOL So I gave it some more air... The CCV in stock form, will eventually push enough vapor, that'll gum up the IC and intake. SO I ******d the stock setup, and ran it out to the back. But, it looked like my bed was something out of a Cheech and Chong movie, so I ran it into a tube on my exhaust pipe, so as to quell the smoke after a long heavy pull.

My setup has done me well, grossing upwards of 30,000 lbs, and my personal record of 39,060. Over 200 k with the 52 foot trailer hitched up, 278 k total miles, 128 k with the compound kit.

Last edited:

pdumont01

Reaction score
That's pretty impressive I love to see people working their non stock setups. Cheech and Ching lmao up in smoke! I'm interested in seeing what the problem ends up being

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
That's pretty impressive I love to see people working their non stock setups. Cheech and Ching lmao up in smoke! I'm interested in seeing what the problem ends up being

I was often tempted to go bigger on fuel, but, I didnt want to cause reliability issues... ironic, I know... LOL I am still going to go with a smaller turbine, like 87, and drop the AR to 1.1:1, or maybe even 1.0:1. And I dont think that a 75 is needed in my setup, so if I can get a S472, with the smaller turbine setup, then Ill jump on it.

That trans is the biggest selling point to me. I serviced it at 80, then 150, and was advised that I should do it more often, so I do fluid and filter every 50 k, and it is slightly dark, with no visible metal. Again, I keep tossing around adding an aftermarket converter, or built trans, etc... But if that trans goes, which I think I'll see over 400 k on that one, I'll replace it with a stocker, and let her keep eating...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

dont feed the trolls .. the dude is a moron .

CurtisF

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY the reason that I have issue with the body shop, and the reason WHY I am not accepting responsibility for THEIR fvck up.... But, the hose, that was once connected to a 1 inch tube, welded into my exhaust, by David Farlow, is dangling, just out of view from the side of the vehicle, in between the exhaust (that it was once attached to) and the drive shaft.

Why did they take it off? I have no ****ing idea.

WHY would they keep my truck for 68 days to replace sections of the cab, replace the front fender, remove the bed and paint the passenger side ONLY, and both duallie fenders? I have no idea.

WHY did they do half ass work on the painting of parts of my truck? I have no idea.

WHY did they tell me that the turbo was at fault, even though I drove the vehicle to them in perfect working order (although dented) and it drove fine for them, until they drove it to the alignment shop, when is started smoking like a Louisiana Mosquito fogger? I have no idea.

WHY did they put a one inch wide, 6-8 inch long gouge in my window tint? I have no idea.

WHY did they leave out several screws/bolts off of my inner fender skirt? I have no idea.

WHY do you make assumptions, and announce to the whole forum, on my thread, that I should pay the $3,000 up to $20,000 for a new engine, or rebuilt engine, or injector swap, when you don't know the whole story, instead of asking for these specific details, and make snap judgements against me, and state YOUR ideas as facts, or the ONLY way that they could have possibly screwed up, was if I had been lazy in my installation of aftermarket parts? I have no idea.

So, you have, with less than all of the facts of this investigation, vouched for a company that has done MULTIPLE screw ups, instead of MAYBE thinking that I might not be at fault.... Good job on that, by the way. Putting your stamp of approval, on a business that 75% of their work will have to be redone by another body shop.

But, as kindly as I can muster, even though you seem to have a personal issue with me, yet hide behind your keyboard in SEVERAL attempts to discredit me, and stick me with a serious bill, for something that you know Jack Sheet about, Have a nice day.
I wasn't exactly being a jerk about all of this, but now...... screw it.

I think you're being a hypocrite and making snap judgments against the body shop, and you created this thread to try and gain sympathy from others because your own install wasn't done properly in the first place. I'm betting that the wreck popped loose your CCV, not the body shop, and they simply didn't notice because they didn't know to look for something like that regarding something so simple as a bed removal and install. If it was properly secured in the first place, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Let's get real about this. You started this thread saying that you were about to "get nasty with the body shop, as to liability for this new damage". You have insinuated repeatedly in this thread that the body shop did this on purpose, that they "cut" the zip ties holding the CCV and then intentionally moved it. This makes no sense for a body shop if the CCV hose was secured in place as you repeatedly claimed in this thread. In no way would it have interfered with working on the bed, and the body shop would have had zero motivation to touch it.

Which is why I said that you have stated in this thread doesn't match up or make any sense. There is no reason for the body shop to intentionally do what you claimed.

Use just a teeny bit of common sense here. If it came loose and the body shop didn't notice it, yeah maybe they are partly to blame. But if it popped loose that easily, maybe you're partly to blame too.

If you and others hate me for pointing that out, then so be it I don't care. I just think it's not smart to go after the body shop like that without getting the facts first.

CurtisF

Reaction score
dont feed the trolls .. the dude is a moron .
Explain how I was wrong here.

The body shop had zero reason to move the CCV. He's claiming they did intentionally cut and move it.

Is it not possible that the wreck knocked it loose, not the body shop, and that they inadvertently didn't see it?

If that's the case, then wouldn't it make sense that it got knocked loose because it wasn't properly secured in the first place?

Just take the body shop processes step by step and tell me how I'm a "moron" in all of this.

white59rt

Reaction score
Who puts a bed back on and doesnt ask about a 1" hose laying there? Who puts a bed back on and doesnt check to make sure nothing is being smashed??? I certainly never EVER have just slapped a bed on and impacted the bolts in and walked away, that would be just plain irresponsible, because you know when you unbolt things and relieve tension things move around, right?? The bottom line is the reassembly had an oversight, I am willing to bet an honest mistake, but they should have inquired what to do with or what that line was. Sounds like it was overlooked, accident or incompetence makes no difference.

I knew I quit reading forums of all kinds for a reason.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.