boost issue with stage 2 setup

Footz09

Reaction score
im having serious bOOST issues with my 2002 7.3 , I have been chasing this issue with no luck as of yet . The set up should make faster boost and more power then what im seeing . when I get down on the truck , boost down low is really sluggish then the convertor locks and it may make 25psi of boost , then at times it want make over 20psi . icp is great m DC good , no smoke other then common haze then cleans up , egts are good , fuel pressure rock soiled at 65psi. The set up should light the turbo faster and make 35psi with and issue , but It want . we have covered all boost leak locations for issues . Its as if the truck will boost good when it wants . the following is the current mods

38r with riffraff wheel, 1.0 non-wastegated housing , van flange and ******d ebpv ,FF 160/100 sticks , dyno proven RR system w/new fuel pump , atage 2 trans , new 6.0l intercooler with all new boots . dynoproven tunes and DP tuner tunes .

MossBack

Reaction score
What is the icp and ipr dc%? What is it at WOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
have you done a boost leak with soapy water like you would with a slow tire leak?

im guessing you need a better shift strategy also..

live life full throttle

Footz09

Reaction score
Boost

Will actually hit 30psi sometimes and drop off 5-6 psi and boost back up . Never a smooth boost pull

Footz09

Reaction score
boost

was the same with stock wheel - had it live tuned and still cant figure out issue . was wonder of its a turbo issue maybe - I plan on doing leak test tomorrow to check the head intake side for leaks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
was the same with stock wheel - had it live tuned and still cant figure out issue . was wonder of its a turbo issue maybe - I plan on doing leak test tomorrow to check the head intake side for leaks
thought you said that was good?

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
Any codes stored? Aside from a possible charge air leak, this doesn't seem like a mechanical issue. You've got fuel and oil pressure but you don't say what is being commanded.

In an aggressive tune, you 'should' have enough fuel with Stg 2s/38R to give far more smoke than just haze at low boost conditions. Have you ran it without the boost fooler? Id pull it off for the moment to see if it runs different-- some tuners don't need it.

Also, if you are 'getting down on it' most tuners will lock the converter anytime you are at about 65-70% throttle from 2nd gear on. A light to tell you when the converter is locked is nice to have.

thuglike

Reaction score
could be.....bad map sensors do really f'ed up stuff.
if you can swap this one out..it eliminates it in 30 min.

Footz09

Reaction score
Boost

Think I found the problem or at least a problem for sure . I did a boost leak test and found a leak at the map sensor hose @ the intake . Seems to boost better now ,just can't really push it wot with all the rain we have currently ,but feels better .

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Think I found the problem or at least a problem for sure . I did a boost leak test and found a leak at the map sensor hose @ the intake . Seems to boost better now ,just can't really push it wot with all the rain we have currently ,but feels better .
did you spray soapy water all over ***?

doesn't that thing have 4 wheel drive?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online