boost leak

stroker24

Reaction score
wondering if a boost leak would cause turbo seal failure. the boost elbow coming off the turbo to my ic pipe looks cracked. replacing it. but all other boots look good. no signs of cracks or anything.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I doubt a boost leak would cause any kind of seal to fail. In reality, less boost means less stress on any seal. The bad side of low boost is no power.

stroker24

Reaction score
ok. seems to spool fine and all just curious. cause the turbo thats in my truck is leaking oil bad on the compressor side and going threw the intercooler and into the intake. but i have a turbo coming tomorrow to replace it. wondering what would cause the seals to fail. granite it is a reman turbo.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
ok. seems to spool fine and all just curious. cause the turbo thats in my truck is leaking oil bad on the compressor side and going threw the intercooler and into the intake. but i have a turbo coming tomorrow to replace it. wondering what would cause the seals to fail. granite it is a reman turbo.

Have you done the CCV mod?

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I was referring to the little 45* hose that attaches the discharge pipe to the turbos compressor outlet. Alot of times this cracks and normal CCV oil starts leaking into the valley. I was under the impression that was the "boost elbow" you were talking about.

Latest posts

Members online