Bought an obs, holes in some pistons

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
While visiting family up in Wyoming I jokingly asked my uncle about selling his 96 single cab, I knew it hadn't ran in a couple years but didn't really know why. We got to talking and I found out it was parked because it blew the dipstick out and started spraying oil out. They pulled the passenger side head to find some cracked pistons with some holes in them. He wanted 3k for it but we settled on 2k. It has about 160k miles bone stock and is in great shape with no rust on any body panels. Once I get it back to Texas I plan to pull the engine and see what damage was done. I'm hoping I'll be able to throw some new pistons in it, have the injectors gone through and have it running fairly soon. I couldn't tell if the cylinder walls were scored or not, if they are then I might be looking for another engine for it. Supposedly it has a new turbo and freshly rebuilt tranny.
Here's some pics of it, tell me what you guys think.
c6e4d99f-47a8-3063.jpg

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Nice truck Coop! Be a cool little daily driver without a huge investment.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Thats what I'm hoping for Gare! I've already got one money pit, I need something else to drive to take some miles off the 6.0, it might see a 6 pos chip I haven't decided.
The body panels are all straight, the paint looks like it just needs a good wash, buff and wax. Its also a 350 so it's already got a solid front axle :D

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Even if you have to swap in a motor I still think you got a deal.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Gee if the heavens would look upon me and say "he should get a deal on something" just one time that would be nice
Nice truck man wish I had one like it

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
If it'll need an engine I'll be a little bummed since Logan had one sitting at the shop forever that he recently traded to David. I'm sure I could find another fairly cheap though if it comes to that.
I don't know why ford ever put that nasty red interior in those trucks :doh: I guess I can live with it though lol

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Man to me that red interior would be cool. Vintage / uncommon. Dark tint will soften it alot...

DocBar

Reaction score
Why not just sleeve the cylinders if the walls are scored? That would be lots cheaper than a new block.

I used to live in Schertz. How far north of SA are you?

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Cat, don't hate lol. I'm afraid if I start modifying it with exhaust ect, then it'll just turn into another money pit.
Doc, I'll just have to see what the block looks like when I get it out, sleeving isn't out of the question. I live north of canyon lake, a little town called Fischer, it's about an hour north of sa.

RubberDuck

Reaction score
Cooper, I'm just north of you if there is anything I can help with. Especially if you just want me to take the truck. :)

Latest posts

Members online