BOV (blow-off valve)

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
iv been looking to do one of these for awhile but dont feel like spending 600+ for one. Greddy makes one for hella cheaper. now since i have a vgt turbo would it harm the turbo at all or could it help?

Mach5customs

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. That would eliminate sending the excess boost out the intake filter.

OBS F350

Reaction score
BOV will help when you abruptly let off and cause compressor surge, the BOV will eliminate that. Will not mess with VGT at all. As for the cheaper kit I was talking with my buddy about this last night, he didn't even pay half what any one I've seen on a diesel site costs for the one on his turbocharged mustang. It only sees like 15 psi of boost so IDK if the higher boost in diesels we need a stronger BOV or what... Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Reaction score
correct there is no vacuum, thats why the BD kit is as pricey as it is, cuz the money is in the vacuum pump and controller that works of TPS, i have one on both my trucks i love it, works great needs a little setting tweaked depending on how u drive

dsberman94

Reaction score
yea cars are totally different. the one i saw a while ago for diesels used an electric control box that would activate the bov when you let off the throttle a certain percentage. this percentage being set by you. maybe this is the one you guys are talking about but i have no idea if it is what your talking about. makes me wonder if you could use different bovs to get the different sounds. my buddy has one sitting around that he used to have on an sti that i really liked the sound of.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No need for vacuum, all you need is a regulator, using exhaust back pressure as a reference to get a conventional bov to work... No need for the electrical BD or turbo smart valves..

Hellen Keller sent this?

ford rules

Reaction score
No need for vacuum, all you need is a regulator, using exhaust back pressure as a reference to get a conventional bov to work... No need for the electrical BD or turbo smart valves..

Hellen Keller sent this?

This is what i thought also and im pretty sure there were a few kits out like this, turbosmart maybe was one.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
JGS. Has a mechanical diesel bov kit less than $400

Hellen Keller sent this?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.