BOV Tuning options?

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Anyone running a different module for tuning their BOV's then the BD box? Im having a lot of bark from my single and would like to get rid of some of it. I don't think the BD box is sensitive enough to catch the barking. Every time my truck shift into 3rd at 12 or so psi the turbo chirps. Its really bad under 3/4 throttle shifts.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I would think there are other options out there.

I don't know how beneficial it would be to loose all the boost that would be lost through a more sensitive bov with a single though.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
a BOV won't cure the problem. revised transmission shift points can

:whs:, A BOV is electronically activated by throttle position and you would have to let out of it in order for it to release. If it were a hand shaker, then you would be benefiting

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Yes I'm aware that the module is activated by TPS. Just wondering if it was possible to have something more custom. Tunes can only due so much for tranny tuning right now. Singles are still a pretty new thing for these trucks. This turbo is very sensitive the only way to keep it from barking is to let off the throttle just before it trys to shift dropping boost under 10psi then getting back in the throttle after it shifts.

EvilTwins

Reaction score
I think the problem is getting it to close back quick enough

If I'm not mistaken the valve won't close unless the boost has dropped off enough for the spring to push it closed. Which in most cases is little or no boost. It would have to be quite the mechanism to pull boost to a pre-desired setting , allow a shift, and close again to allow the boost to climb again to the 40 or so psi to be effective.

I have on several occasions set the valve too sensitive to pedal release and caused it to engage on a firm shift. This left me last in the race, smoke everywhere, and trying to find the closest place to hide a 20 foot truck.

Sent My I Phone
"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."

White_monster

Reaction score
Getting the ams500 set up right is the trick. It requires a lot of tweaking. I'll be installing one in my truck, well l use the ams1000 till the new ams2000 comes out.

The ams500 isn't going to fix your issue thou. It almost sounds like your hitting the surge line in the compressor map but I'm not positive on that. Best of luck.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Can't you route a reference to the top side ,(where you usually reference boost), from the exhaust manifold that way it is equal pressure on both sides (plus the spring pressure holding it closed). So when you get back in it, the exhaust pressure will equal out, then the boost and spring will close it back without dropping the boost too low

Latest posts

Members online