BRAKE PADS

Reaction score
Just today I noticed while driving the brakes making a high pitched sound and when I touch the brakes the noise stops, no grinding or other symptoms I'm gonna check it out in the morning it doesn't sound like anything I've heard in the past. Any comments.

6.4f350

Reaction score
I replaced all mine with Carquest. Had to replace two calipers too because the pins were frozen up. No problems here. Mine were squealing, didn't think a thing of it until I took it to a buddy to get inspected and he informed me that my pads were paper thin. Lol

f350guy

Reaction score
I have Duralast Gold on the Volvo, work fine. No noise, minimal dust. Also on my old lady's Honda. Do not see why they would not work well on a truck.

Now, for my trucks I go with Raybestos.

Whatever you choose, make sure to have the rotors turned.

BBottoms

Reaction score
Used to work at Autozone. Duralast Golds are a decent economical pad. The actual manufacturer changes frequently though as they put out for lowest bids for their specs. Don't expect the life you'd get out of OEM though. Expect probably half or less. I had 110k on my oem pads before I replaced them with no significant dust or noise. I went back with oem. Hard to justify anything else.

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
OEM pads would be the best bet. As stated Autozone Duralast Gold pads frequently change some are good some may not last

Reaction score
I checked the front pads this morning and they looked good as well as the rotors. Will turning the rotors help the random brake squel??

Footz09

Reaction score
Hawk

Hawks are the way to go ,just make sure to give them a bedding in as per the instructions. Order from Amazon . That's my 2cent

Latest posts

Members online