Brakes

michigan37

Reaction score
It's time for new brakes. Pads and rotors. I was looking at some slotted and cross drilled. Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw autoanything.com had a complete kit for like $575, that makes me leery. All input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I used some slotted cyro'd fronts from diversified cryogenics in burnsville, MN. I used the Hawk SD's front/rear. No noise, and they grab hard when needed. Expect about 300 for just the fronts cryod-slotted, plus at least 180 for pads.

Also both my front calipers, the rubber surrounding the twin pistons was cracked. I ended up buying two new front calipers from autozone.

MorganY

Reaction score
Brake performance is where I got mine from. Lifetime warranty on the rotors and pads. Semi-metallic pads are awesome too. They were going to send me a new set of rotors for free because no one in town would cut my dimpled and slotted rotors. Customer service is second to none.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Brake performance is where I got mine from. Lifetime warranty on the rotors and pads. Semi-metallic pads are awesome too. They were going to send me a new set of rotors for free because no one in town would cut my dimpled and slotted rotors. Customer service is second to none.

I've read that cross drilled on a DD can develop cracks. When I got mine from DC they talked me out of them and said unless I have a road racer, its not worth the extra cost and potential to crack.
He did advise that any shop can turn them but the have to turn in smaller cutting increments, VS one large cut.

I went w/ the Hawk due to their specific design, they build pads for racing and HD, police, ambulance use etc.. A good friend had them on his police F150 and we went through factory rotors all the time but mentioned the pads always held up well to pursuits. Minimal fade and solid stopping power.

@ least you got good service, thats an important part of running a solid business :rockon:

MorganY

Reaction score
I've read that cross drilled on a DD can develop cracks. When I got mine from DC they talked me out of them and said unless I have a road racer, its not worth the extra cost and potential to crack.
He did advise that any shop can turn them but the have to turn in smaller cutting increments, VS one large cut.

I went w/ the Hawk due to their specific design, they build pads for racing and HD, police, ambulance use etc.. A good friend had them on his police F150 and we went through factory rotors all the time but mentioned the pads always held up well to pursuits. Minimal fade and solid stopping power.

@ least you got good service, thats an important part of running a solid business :rockon:

Correct, stress cracks will occur with these heavy trucks and cross DRILLED rotors. Mine fortunately are dimpled, not drilled all the way through. :thumbup:

BFT

Reaction score
When upgrading to rotors mind that the rotor and pad work optimal when hot. I've had power slot with hawk pads in my old race car and it SUCKED to stop when they are cold.
Probably look into some SS break lines as well

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I've had good luck w/ mine. I have their house brand/cryo'd slotted w/ the hawk SD pads all around. No problems cold or hot, even in the minus -30 temps in winter. I've been pleased w/ my selection so far.

Latest posts

Members online