brakes

steele86

Reaction score
so I lifted my truck 6inchs and running 37x12.50 and I cant get the brakes to lock up at all the pads in the front are 70% the rear are 50% the front rotors are slotted from les schwab the rear rotors are stock I just bled the brakes today no change. what do guys think? also I do know the truck will never stop like it did before I lifted the truck but damn it should stop better I've had a few close calls

thanks guys.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
LOL... Dont know if you know this or not...

Your truck is equipted with ANTI-LOCK brakes... The term ANTI-LOCK means they will by definition (that is ANTI-LOCK) they will not lock up...

rascal

Reaction score
My truck is a 2000 and it did not come with ABS. It was an option in 2000.

Did not see the OP's model year but what you said makes sense.

Last edited:

Betarocker

Reaction score
In what condition are the calipers? Do the pistons move freely? Do the slide pins move freely? How old is the fluid?

37" tires also contribute to the stopping power. Not only do the brakes need to slow the almost 4 tons of mass, they need to stop the rotational mass of the tires and wheels.

An upgrade to the calipers will help IF the OEM calipers are fine. SSBC V8 are a direct bolt on and will make a huge improvement without having to go all the way to going to larger rotors.

steele86

Reaction score
My old super duty had 37s and it stopped like it was stock but I don't know what it had for calipers or pads I bought it all ready lifted

Latest posts

Members online