Brakes?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
What are we doing for brakes and rotors??? Does anybody make and dimpled and slotted for the SD's???

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Where are we buying from? Their website only has part numbers

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
If you have rims you dont want brake dust all over them I suggest the EBC greenstuff supreme and thier slotted and dimpled rotors. Put them on my truck about a 1000 miles ago and so far they have been awesome!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I have Centric slotted rotors and pads all the way around. I'm pleased with them...

washingtoncoastie

Reaction score
Powerslot rotors and hawk pads on my excursion. Definatly stops WAY better than stock. I've had trouble finding hawk pads before, but usually can find them with a little searching. I'm looking for better calipers right now because I plan on buying a 27'+ toy hauler and some four wheelers soon.

Snake

Reaction score
The pads and rotors share that job, but I know you already know that.

Copied from the Powerslot website (they use bigger words than me):

Excessive heat can cause resins in your brake pad to vaporize or "outgas." As the brake pad wears, the used friction material turns into a fine dust. This boundary layer of heat, gas and dust builds up between the pad and rotor surfaces and inhibits performance. Here's where Power Slot's slotted brake rotors make a big difference.

Power Slot's exclusive Vac-U-Slots are machined into the rotor and help evacuate gasses and dust, shed heat, and keep the brake pad surface clean. And in wet, raining conditions, our Vac-U-Slot helps push water off the braking surface for better stopping power. For most late model truck and SUV applications andselect sports cars, we also use a special Power Alloy metallurgy and directional cooling vanes to improve high temperature performance.

Last edited:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The pads and rotors share that job, but I know you already know that.

Copied from the Powerslot website (they use bigger words than me):

Excessive heat can cause resins in your brake pad to vaporize or "outgas." As the brake pad wears, the used friction material turns into a fine dust. This boundary layer of heat, gas and dust builds up between the pad and rotor surfaces and inhibits performance. Here's where Power Slot's slotted brake rotors make a big difference.

Power Slot's exclusive Vac-U-Slots are machined into the rotor and help evacuate gasses and dust, shed heat, and keep the brake pad surface clean. And in wet, raining conditions, our Vac-U-Slot helps push water off the braking surface for better stopping power. For most late model truck and SUV applications andselect sports cars, we also use a special Power Alloy metallurgy and directional cooling vanes to improve high temperature performance.

No, I guess I really didn't know it persay. But thanks for the info! I didnt know thats what all the slotted rotors did. I guess you still a place in your heart for me :D

Snake

Reaction score
Good call.

What are we doing for brakes and rotors??? Does anybody make and dimpled and slotted for the SD's???

IMO, go with slotted and skip the dimples. The dimples actually decrease the amount of surface area that the pads touch which is counterproductive to stopping. Just don't ask me for scientific proof of how much. :toast:

Snake

Reaction score
Stock rotors and Hawk LTS pads. Almost 160k miles on the rotors. Soon to be replaced with some Powerslot Cryo rotors and Centric Parts Fleet Performance pads

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just got powerstop slotted and drilled rotors with their evolution ceramic pads for my 04. Hell of a lot better than the stock setup ever was.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Think im going to go with just EBC pads and stock rotors. I just have some squeaky pads up front and want to get rid of the noise

Latest posts