Brakes?

yeehaw

Reaction score
i have napa safety stop pads and napa premium rotors. No issues with noise/dust and it stops my skidster trailer fine which has no trailer brakes atm (and i mean within reason)

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
As far as the rotors go I would not get the ones that are drilled all the way through! The whole reason why I have the EBC rotors on mine now is because I had put a set of the powerstop cross drilled and slotted rotors and they were warped in 3 months. After talking to some guys that are have allot of experience in the brake business they suggested that I go with the EBC rotors and pads because in their opinion they are by far the best. Also if you get the EBC pads I would highly recommend the greenstuff supreme if you don't want brake dust all over everything! They have the same stopping power as the yellowstuff but with hardly any brake dust.

Snake

Reaction score
Also if you get the EBC pads I would highly recommend the greenstuff supreme if you don't want brake dust all over everything! They have the same stopping power as the yellowstuff but with hardly any brake dust.

That's not how EBC advertises the two pads:

Yellowstuff Truck and SUV -- Truck, 4x4 and SUV maximum stopping for towing and loads etc

Greenstuff 7000 -- Truck, 4x4 and SUV modest brake upgrade with lowest dust

But then again, they add that the Greenstuff is "EBC's premium offering for heavy 4x4s"

Hell, I dunno.

Last edited:

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
I have had both the yellowstuff and now the greenstuff supreme and as far as I can tell with my 38 ft gooseneck behind the truck I cannot tell a difference in the two as far as stopping distance and clamping power. The yellowstuff made my old rims look like crap with dust and the new greenstuff supreme I haven't seen any dust at all.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
I ordered mine from autoanything.com. Cary didn't carry the supreme when i ordered mine but i would check with him first because his prices are always great! Also if your not going to get new motors i would at least get them turned to make sure everything is good to go and ebc recommends it also. If you need any thing pm me i will be glad to help.

bbbxcursion

Reaction score
I dont think napa even compares in this thread.

I've had frozen rotors with Performance Friction pads, 2 piece Performance Friction rotors with Performance Friction pads and HD Motorcraft pads. I currently have Napa premium pads and rotors all the way around and am super happy.

bruce

Reaction score
I run art (applied rotor technology) with performance pads from diesel manor with ss lines and it's a pretty sweet setup
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online