broken down

texas_stroker

Reaction score
was going to work this morning and while getting on the high way i heard a pop/ bang my question is was it the transfer case or trans. tried 4X4 and nothing no forward no revese and could winch in park. was going to look at it tomorrow just wondering where to start.
E99 f-250 auto stock for what i know

moose99psd

Reaction score
id start with the tcase just on the fact its easier but i highly doubt it, these tcases are pretty darn stout. so you say that you can move it with it in park?.. i cant remember where the parking pahl is on these but my guess is a stripped front drum maybe? i blew up my converter and heard the same noise but i know when i did that park still worked.

moose99psd

Reaction score
something after the parking pahl, if it was the tcase that would mean you snapped the shaft and that thing is big and just getting on the highway wouldnt do that

BigTonka

Reaction score
last thing I should be doing is trying to help someone figure out a problem after having a few cold ones LOL lots of crap could break after the parking pahl

Arisley

Reaction score
I have lived my life by looking for the simplest fix. My wife alway jumps to worst case scenario. While I always have that in the back of my mind, I have found it much easier to look for the easy stuff first.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Drop the T-Case and you will know right away.

Parking paul is the last thing before the t-case, so it must be beyond that.

texas_stroker

Reaction score
just pulled the trans and transfer case. case is good something in the trans is bad . dropped it off at a shop will find out late this week

chappy

Reaction score
I have broke a tcase in half on my 99 superduty and still drove it for two days till the bearings got so hot the shaft wouldn't turn anymore. 4wd even worked. Chances of snapping the shaft in the tcase are slim. I'm betting intermediate shaft.

Latest posts

Members online