Brute66 opinions

Swaan

Reaction score
Who makes the 7x7?
I have the single plane currently as that was the only one out when I got my 38r.
It seems I'm always under the turbo when cruising. Looks like the 6x6 or 7x7 will be in my future if I don't go with a BASB.
I wonder which is best of the 6x6 between the DS and RR wheels. RR is much less expensive...

I'm just talking diffrent wheels in general.
You see almost all of borg Warner stuff is 7by7. Even there forged mill wheel design. Food for thought.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I'm just talking diffrent wheels in general.
You see almost all of borg Warner stuff is 7by7. Even there forged mill wheel design. Food for thought.

Thanks man!
What do you think the difference is between the DS 6x6 and the RR 6x6? Just wondering if the DS wheel is worth the extra $60...

Last edited:

Swaan

Reaction score
Mmmmmm
Well I've never ran either wheel. Both 6by6 the diffrence is prob marginal at best. I've never looked at them up close but I'm guessing prob just minor differences with blade profile and what not. Until someone did a comparison on the dyno we will never know.

Evan@dynoproven

Reaction score
Ok so here is a video for all the critics of the Brute66. This was one of the last truck we had in the shop with a brute install. 634 RWHP on fuel only. Atleast 4 other trucks within the past 3 months have acheived over 600HP. Yes the EGTs in this video spiked 1500 but this is an all out dyno tune. All of the above mentioned trucks operate over 600HP with EGTs under 1300 at WOT.

Keep an eye out here I will be posting more videos and Dyno graphs in the next couple days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6btXHAQGwPI

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok so here is a video for all the critics of the Brute66. This was one of the last truck we had in the shop with a brute install. 634 RWHP on fuel only. Atleast 4 other trucks within the past 3 months have acheived over 600HP. Yes the EGTs in this video spiked 1500 but this is an all out dyno tune. All of the above mentioned trucks operate over 600HP with EGTs under 1300 at WOT.

Keep an eye out here I will be posting more videos and Dyno graphs in the next couple days.

timeslips please?

live life full throttle

Carolina444

Reaction score

I started this to get some info on the brute and get opinions from guys running the charger. Not much info/data can be found on it. What makes the brute different from the other drop in 66's?
Thanks

JD3020

Reaction score
timeslips please?

live life full throttle

Same here, doubt there are any to back it up. Hell it seems like i remember seeing them claim over 500hp on a stock turbo.

If 250/100%'s and a D66, err i mean Brute 66, can put down 630hp then i guess i've wasted all my time and money to get 250/200%'s and a S468 hoping to break 600hp.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Same here, doubt there are any to back it up. Hell it seems like i remember seeing them claim over 500hp on a stock turbo.

If 250/100%'s and a D66, err i mean Brute 66, can put down 630hp then i guess i've wasted all my time and money to get 250/200%'s and a S468 hoping to break 600hp.

They ALWAYS slip in flywheel HP numbers. Most don't think to look at that. The only power that matters to me is what makes it to the ground.

Reaction score
I started this to get some info on the brute and get opinions from guys running the charger. Not much info/data can be found on it. What makes the brute different from the other drop in 66's?
Thanks
Billy already said, the Brute 66(which I did in fact run) did not perform differently or better than the D66 he had on prior to the Brute. I could be wrong, but I believe the only difference is the 360 thrust, which I also believe beans uses in the d66 as we'll now too, so for comparisons, Billy ran em both, no difference, which pretty much validates all the one's giving opinions on the d66 as well. And from my experience, don't waste your time with the stock modded 66

Reaction score

Not to mention, unless you are just running dynos or all racing, all the horse power in the world means nothing if it isn't streetable, If it doenst spool well, it won't tow well and won't daily drive well

Carolina444

Reaction score
Billy already said, the Brute 66(which I did in fact run) did not perform differently or better than the D66 he had on prior to the Brute. I could be wrong, but I believe the only difference is the 360 thrust, which I also believe beans uses in the d66 as we'll now too, so for comparisons, Billy ran em both, no difference, which pretty much validates all the one's giving opinions on the d66 as well. And from my experience, don't waste your time with the stock modded 66

Yea I read Billy's post.. Someone from dyno proven joined in so i asked him to clarify the difference. Do they claim it to be better than the d66? If so, why?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sure they do, but I'm knocking their products either, the couple of pieces I have from them are top quality, and I've had a pretty good customer service with them too, still waiting on a couple of tunes from them that I ordered a while back, but I haven't really done a good job staying on top of that order, so I'm partially to blame there

JD3020

Reaction score
They ALWAYS slip in flywheel HP numbers. Most don't think to look at that. The only power that matters to me is what makes it to the ground.

No ****. Where'd they say its flywheel horsepower? I could actually believe 630 flywheel HP compared to 630hp at the wheels. ****ty and deceptive marketing if so, but believable.

And from talking with several people i think my s467 would spool better than my D66 with a 1.15 housing did.

Carolina444

Reaction score
I just recently bought some 230/100 and hbjr from them and everyone up there's been helpful. That's one of the reasons i started looking into the brute as an option but i haven't seen enough positive info to move in that direction yet.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
No ****. Where'd they say its flywheel horsepower? I could actually believe 630 flywheel HP compared to 630hp at the wheels. ****ty and deceptive marketing if so, but believable.

And from talking with several people i think my s467 would spool better than my D66 with a 1.15 housing did.

When they zoom in on the graph, it shows flywheel torque on the right side. If I remeber right, flywheel HP at the bottom. When I was on their Dyno, everything they showed me was all flywheel numbers. Most don't know to look. But I've been on more than my share of dynos over the years.
BTW, I wasn't aiming anything towards you, I was actually agreeing with what you said.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I'm sure they do, but I'm knocking their products either, the couple of pieces I have from them are top quality, and I've had a pretty good customer service with them too, still waiting on a couple of tunes from them that I ordered a while back, but I haven't really done a good job staying on top of that order, so I'm partially to blame there

IMHO, you shouldn't have to stay on top of them to get a service that you already paid for.

Latest posts

Members online