BS or what?

Extended Power

Reaction score
I was under the impression that any conventional injector that was bigger than 285cc has issues with breaking the internal springs, etc.
Some fella has a full set of brand new 350cc/100% CONVENTIONAL injectors for sale, with upgraded solenoids, and wants to go bigger...

WTF?

I thought anything bigger than a 285, and you had to have HYBRIDS?

What's the story?
Was I fed a line of BS, or what?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have also heard that they have issues breaking springs, but are runable, just need rebuilt really often. On a different note, arent 100% nozzles a little small for 350s, or will they be able to fully empty the injector?

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
If its a true conventional the 100% nozzle would be enough, because of the higher final injection pressure. 350cc hybrids would need a bigger nozzle

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I was under the impression that any conventional injector that was bigger than 285cc has issues with breaking the internal springs, etc.
Some fella has a full set of brand new 350cc/100% CONVENTIONAL injectors for sale, with upgraded solenoids, and wants to go bigger...

WTF?

I thought anything bigger than a 285, and you had to have HYBRIDS?

What's the story?
Was I fed a line of BS, or what?

I really looked into this subject... I will pass along what I learned, but I am not sure how much it will help. I will leave out the names of the companies, as to not cause too much drama.

It basically comes down to who built them.

I spoke to one company that says there is NO WAY to get more than 205cc without putting in aftermarket springs. You can cut the injectors to more than 205cc but the stock spring will max out before you push any more than 205cc. To go bigger you have to run an aftermarket spring... and those are not know to be very reliable long term. I was even told you should switch them out once every season.

I spoke with another company that said he runs stock springs on everything... even up to 300cc convetionals. He said they flow just fine on the flow bench.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.