BTS alternative?

13fist

Reaction score
I've left a couple of messages but if I don't hear back in the next few days, I'm going to have to consider other options.
It is transmission time and I'd like to go as overbuilt as the budget allows.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Call one of their dealers, Truck Source Diesel in Texas would be a good start. They do a ton of 4R BTS Stuff in their race trucks and push Brian's stuff hard

If the BTS path just doesnt work out for some odd reason, Twisted Diesel was doing good 4R work last I looked into 4R stuff

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
My only advice is go with someone local. After years of reading about how your getting the end all be all trans and then having to wait months on end to get a response and your shit taken care of under warranty and such.

This goes for many companies/builders.

After years of reading and thinking I went ahead and did my trans myself. There was no way I was leaving this in anybody else's hands.

13fist

Reaction score
Rebuilding mine is looking more likely. I was hoping to buy one for the sake of time as I don't want the truck down for long. I guess I could take some vacation days if it comes to that. What's the good rebuild kit with all the fancy updates and added frictions and what not?
I forgot about Sam Wyse myself, but I haven't been able to get the website to come up. It looks like I can order through several vendors though. Looking like his stage 2 would work out right. 1023 website says 6-8 weeks.

Thanks

mcnance865

Reaction score
BTS
John Woods
Sam Wyse
A1 of Georgia
Twisted Diesel

Any of these are good reliable options. Try these first.

Racer71

Reaction score
Check with revmax on a kit if you’re thinking of diy, great people to deal with.

13fist

Reaction score
It's going to be the Sam wyse. I hope everything at BTS is okay, 4 calls no answer, 4 messages no callback.
The last time I dealt with them it was a treat. Maybe they just got too much on their plate?
Thanks for the recommendations.

13fist

Reaction score
Well looks like I've painted myself into a corner here. Something about the trans-cross-member was bugging me so I went out to look and
tcm4link.jpg

Well sh.....
Both sides wrap around the outside of the frame. It's trapped in there pretty good. For some reason, I had another truck in my mind where this is on the inside channel on one end.
Guess I'll be doing some fab work no matter what.

Latest posts

Members online