BTS or not to BTS

MoonShiner

Reaction score
Early '99 215,000 miles....pulled my boat Sunday....Monday the tranny died. Was a little low on fluid so I added. No luck.....still slipping.

Now the dilema.....$5000 for a BTS(includes new 6.0 cooler, fluid, hoses) or
$3000 for a Ford HD re-man 3yr/100,00 warranty.

I know BTS=never worry again.......but $5000 in an $8000 truck? Hard to justify.......:shrug:

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
BTS was my favorite upgrade in my DD truck. You'll never have to worry about it again, especially if you plan on modding the truck

Russ

Reaction score
Love my BTS, I Guess it comes down to how long you plan on keeping your truck.I don't ever plan on selling mine, that's what made me buy, a do it and enjoy peace of mind.

David S.

Reaction score
it depends on if you plan on keeping the truck for a long time, because that BTS will out last the truck for sure

woodduck97

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie the HD Ford transmissons are very hard to break. Well at least mine. It has been in the truck for at least 85k and it has had stage one injectors for about 20k and 300/200's since December. With the stage ones it has had at least 25 passes down the drag strip. Boosted launch each time. 2 sled pulls. Also dont really cut it much slack. Now with the 300/200's I have put about 3000 miles on it with them with 6 drag strip runs. First run did a boosted launch and trans was over 210 when I pulled off the track. Then the rest just left the line from a idle. Let it eat slip into each gear as it has gotten worse over time. Also did one sled pull with the big injectors and still going. Last night I thought I may have lost it cause I lost first and second gear. Sounds dumb but said wth its already broke so tried to spin tires by power braking it and at about 20 pounds of boost the truck jolts and took off with first and second gear again. Trans temp was around 230 at this point LOL Thing just dont want to die.

Jake

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie the HD Ford transmissons are very hard to break. Well at least mine. It has been in the truck for at least 85k and it has had stage one injectors for about 20k and 300/200's since December. With the stage ones it has had at least 25 passes down the drag strip. Boosted launch each time. 2 sled pulls. Also dont really cut it much slack. Now with the 300/200's I have put about 3000 miles on it with them with 6 drag strip runs. First run did a boosted launch and trans was over 210 when I pulled off the track. Then the rest just left the line from a idle. Let it eat slip into each gear as it has gotten worse over time. Also did one sled pull with the big injectors and still going. Last night I thought I may have lost it cause I lost first and second gear. Sounds dumb but said wth its already broke so tried to spin tires by power braking it and at about 20 pounds of boost the truck jolts and took off with first and second gear again. Trans temp was around 230 at this point LOL Thing just dont want to die.

That's good to know, I want a bts in the sd bad since we tow so much but the 5 k is still almost twice as much. That truck is just getting some stage ones to help drag the big as trailer around we are fixing to buy.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
If you deside on a BTS..we have the best shiped price to your door.

PM me with a zip if you would like a quote.

Cary

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Is it $5k now? Last quote I got was 4200 w/out shipping??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

MoonShiner

Reaction score
it depends on if you plan on keeping the truck for a long time, because that BTS will out last the truck for sure

Thanks for the replies....that's the one factor that has me kinda in limbo. My neighbor, older single lady with a horse farm, has a 2000 SD just like mine with about 100k miles. She is about ready to sell it......so.....fix my tranny for cheap, sell the truck, and buy hers......or....???????

ytee

Reaction score
BTS is the only way to go. See if anyone else will do warranty work 7 years later.

Chris

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies....that's the one factor that has me kinda in limbo. My neighbor, older single lady with a horse farm, has a 2000 SD just like mine with about 100k miles. She is about ready to sell it......so.....fix my tranny for cheap, sell the truck, and buy hers......or....???????

If ya buy a BTS, you can always swap it into your next truck... :popcorn: I recommend making the pilgrimage to Lead Hill and watch your build. The education is priceless and you get to SEE why Brian's transmission is so much better than Ford's HD! :pimp:

Latest posts

Members online