BTS Trans private sale suggestions

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Hey All, I came across a deal for a BTS trans on one of these forums from a member that's on been around for a few years. I'm trying not to mention names or sites just for the sake of privacy and what not.
This thing would have to be shipped as driving distance is out of the question and I've never shipped and paid for something this expensive.

Any suggestions how to make a secure transaction and anything I can do to make us both feel better about the sale? We both are stand up guys but in the end business is business and we both want to have a happy sale. thanks for any input guys

P.S ive already talked to brian from bts and all is well with the sale on this trans(truck specs and what not)

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Use Paypal. Shipper needs to have signature confirmation on delivery. Pics of the trans before hand, etc., Shouldn't be that big of a deal if you both are the caliber if people you claim.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
You need a 3rd party to handle the money that u both trust, don't want to throw names around but maybe talk to Garrett, he is as stand up and respectable as the come, ptsuperd

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

old man dave

Reaction score
US Postal Money Orders work also. The USPS ones are as good as the govt. and its postal fraud if there is no delivery. Ask the mail clerks at the Post Office for details. Do not use Western Union or other money orders.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'd use PayPal but your paying 3 percent. I'll vouch for you and I know others would too. If its a well known forum member I wouldn't worry as much either especially if Brian knows the truck.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

bluedge8

Reaction score
could you have him ship it to bts, get freshened up, then you send the money to the seller and brian sends the trans to you, fresh? Brians only involvement is to look the trans over and send it on it's way to a new customer

PsRumors

Reaction score
Use a credit card through Paypal. While Paypal will not give much buyer assistance on a private sell you can always do a charge back through your credit card company. The same would work with a MC or visa logo debit card.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
^^^^ above, I did not mean for it sound like you cant use paypal for private, I think we all do haha its just that they do not cover private sales securely. Id like to look into that escrow thing. If shipping was so much money then id love to send it to him. Does he charge anything to go threw the trannys?

thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online