Buddy broke down, what should I take to check no start.

Mtack

Reaction score
I just got a call from a friend and his stock 03 6.0 just broke down. I am going to go check it out tomorrow and was wondering what I should take with me. I have Autoenginuity so I am taking it and my laptop. Anything else? He said he was driving down the road and it just died. It still cranks over but doesn`t even try to start.

I have about any tool I would ever need, I just don`t have much experience with the 6.0s.

Atsah

Reaction score
Volt meter to check FICM voltage.. Possible issue could be a bad fuel pump, IPR could also be bad..

ezzyke

Reaction score
:whs: You can take the cover off of the FICM I believe it is 2 t20 torx screws. Check the voltage at the bottom screw head should be at least 48 volts. When mine went out it set voltage faults for all the injectors.

Mtack

Reaction score
Exactly the kind of info I was looking for guys! He rented a hotel room and left the truck beside the road so I wanted to make sure I at least had some ideas.

Wright337

Reaction score
With they way things have been going it might not have been a good idea to leave it on the side of the road. Hope not but just saying.

Mtack

Reaction score
At this point I think he would love to find out it was stolen overnight. It has been a problem child and just had a motor put in about 6 months ago. Our conversation started out with him trying to trade me for my 7.3.

Sent from Motorola ATRIX using Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Members online