Build advice please…

JohnT24

Reaction score
1995 F350 7.3

Bought the truck new/ 150k miles.

I currently have the engine out to replace the exhaust manifolds and the oil pan.
I am fixing the body mount support on the driver side

But besides that I’m just cleaning things up and putting it back together
But
I want to go with bigger injectors

I have already purchased a 1.0 housing
Because my stock 1.15 housing had some broken bolts and also I want the truck to spool up a little quicker because that’s the RPM range I drive in.

So here’s my question

I am looking at injectors

But the high-pressure oil pump is the issue
I haven’t tested it and I don’t know what it’s putting out but I’ve baby this truck it’s whole life.

I would love to go to stage 2 injectors

So if I have to change my HPOP
What should I go with?
I’d rather spend the money now

I’ve heard bad things about the adrenaline HPOP

Is there any other alternative?

To sum things up …
I want to go with the biggest injectors I can get without replacing valve springs and head studs.

If I have to replace the Hpop
I just need to know what to go with

What are my choices?

Thank you

JohnT24

Reaction score
I will also add that I do not have an intercooler.

So I don’t know if that will come in to play since I will be rebuilding the turbo with a 1.0 housing.

I drive in the lower RPM ranges

So I don’t think exhaust temperatures would be an issue

But again looking for Any advice

Petro

Reaction score
The adrenaline pumps are good pumps, I know of several that are problem free with pretty high miles already. Also have good luck with the t500 pumps from terminator and I've also heard good things about the cnc fab pumps. Plenty of options out there for you to pick from. An intercooler also would be a nice addition that can be done relatively cheap.

Addicted4

Reaction score
AC’s aka 160/0 stage 1 without intercooler. No need to replace hpop. If you want more than that you should intercool plus upgrade the turbo to go to the next step. Stage 2 I wouldn’t buy cause of the use of high pressure oil and hybrids are much more efficient. 205/30 or 238/80

Addicted4

Reaction score
AC’s aka 160/0 stage 1 without intercooler. No need to replace hpop. If you want more than that you should intercool plus upgrade the turbo to go to the next step. Stage 2 I wouldn’t buy cause of the use of high pressure oil and hybrids are much more efficient. 205/30 or 238/80

JohnT24

Reaction score
AC’s aka 160/0 stage 1 without intercooler. No need to replace hpop.

Stage 2 I wouldn’t buy cause of the use of high pressure oil and hybrids are much more efficient. 205/30 or 238/80

what kind of performance do the 205/30's offer over the 160/0 (stage 1)

I guess I need to do more research on Hybrids...

Addicted4

Reaction score
The hybrid will make more sustainable power at a lower egt. So say a 160/0 makes 350rwhp in the top tune the hybrid will make 350rwhp at a lower pulse width which in turns a lower egt.

I run 250/80 and I suspect my truck makes 350-375 rear wheel hp in my tow tune with no concerns with egts what so ever. The truck does make more power in the big tune but when I selected my injectors I looked at what I was doing with the truck which is daily driving and towing up 12-14k lbs. I know that the hybrid with the 80% nozzle will get me a clean/cool 350-375rwhp.

JCart

Reaction score
@johnT24 I went with FFD 205/30s with supporting mods including IC, E fuel, exhaust and intake. Hydra tuner with Jelibuilt files. Also (for now) stock turbo (gutted pedestal) with KC 360 bearing, 300sx exhaust wheel, RiffRaff billet intake wheel and 1.0 A/R housing. In retrospect I shoulda gone with .91 A/R exhaust housing. I run ZF-5, 4:10s and 37” tires.

Mine doesn’t really start to boost till 2000 rpm’s and I’d rather have in the lower teens.. thus the .91. Recommend considering what you do with your ride and try to match best configuration, meaning tire size, gearing, auto/ZF, heavy tow, daily driver etc.

When you have it out make sure the up pipes are tight, it’s a pain to do while in the truck. Mine have been redone and I wrapped them too… so far so good.
Cheers

JohnT24

Reaction score
@johnT24 I went with FFD 205/30s with supporting mods including IC, E fuel, exhaust and intake. Hydra tuner with Jelibuilt files. Also (for now) stock turbo (gutted pedestal) with KC 360 bearing, 300sx exhaust wheel, RiffRaff billet intake wheel and 1.0 A/R housing. In retrospect I shoulda gone with .91 A/R exhaust housing. I run ZF-5, 4:10s and 37” tires.

Mine doesn’t really start to boost till 2000 rpm’s and I’d rather have in the lower teens.. thus the .91. Recommend considering what you do with your ride and try to match best configuration, meaning tire size, gearing, auto/ZF, heavy tow, daily driver etc.

When you have it out make sure the up pipes are tight, it’s a pain to do while in the truck. Mine have been redone and I wrapped them too… so far so good.
Cheers

What kind of EGT’s are you seeing with that setup?

Latest posts

Members online